George Russell Clay and Pearlie Mae Barker, circa 1925
George Russell Clay was born January 9, 1901, and died August 9, 1986. He was the son of Millard Clay and Maggie Nora Haywood Clay. George married Pearlie Mae Barker on March 14, 1923. Pearlie was born October 24, 1900, and died September 28, 1958. Pearlie was the daughter of Henry Barker and Minerva Skaggs Barker. George and Pearl were both born in Elliott Co. and lived in Carter Co. They lived up the road from the Haywood Cem. They both died in Warren, Ohio.
The children of George and Pearlie:
1. Minnie M., b. 1922 married William Edward Brown.
2. Nora M., b. February 19, 1925, d. April 7, 1926, buried at Barker Cem.
3. Ruth Evelyn, b. March 14, 1927, Carter Co. d. June 27.1995 married Roy Edward Renner.
4. Henry Leo, b. 1929 Carter Co. married 1. Maxine Evelyn Whitt 2. Barbara Faulk
5. Mona I., b. 1931 Carter Co. married John S. Schreur
6. George Jr., 1934 in Carter Co. married Margaret Phillips
7. Annie Pauline, b. 1936 Carter Co. married Milton Buck Cross
8. Walter Rodger, b. 1939 Carter Co. married Grace Irene Winner
Submitted by Linda Cheeks Pittano