Pictured is the family of Benjamin Franklin “Frank” McDavid, Sr.
Front row: Albert, Lou Ann, Frank Sr., Lou Ann, Connie and Harry, with
Frank, Jr sitting on his mother's lap.
Second row standing in back: Lee and Mollie.
Frank McDavid was the son of Daniel “Dan” McDavid and Elisabeth SturgillMcDavid and grandson of George McDavid and Mary BlevinsMcDavid. His wife Louisa Ann “Lou Ann” Pennington was the daughter of James “Jim” Pennington and Sarah “Sally” SturgillPennington. She was the granddaughter of William Nelson Pennington and Delila CaudilPennington, and great granddaughter of William Pennington and Abigale CaudillPennington. Lou Ann’s maternal grandparents were Solomon Sturgill and Rebecca TompkinsSturgill. Great grandparents, John Sturgill and Jemima Wells Sturgill and gg grandparents were Francis Sturgill and Rebecca HashSturgill. Frank was born 5 November 1853 at Elliott Co. Ky. and died 30 November 1934, in Grayson, Ky. Frank was married 11 Nov. 1875 at Jim Pennington’s home near Willard Ky. Carter Co. Lou Ann was born 23 Feb. 1859 near Willard, Ky. and died 30 March 1896 near Willard, Ky.
Frank and Lou Ann had the following children:
1. Nannie Lee, b. 24 June 1877, died 2 Jan. 1940, Willard, Ky. married Filmore Kennedy.
2. George E., born 17 April 1879, died 27 April 1879.
3. Mary Elisabeth “Mollie”, born 26 March 1880 died 5 May 1981 Warren, Ohio, married Wesley Henry Sloas.
4. Harry Burke, b. 28 July 1882, died 18 Nov. 1963 married Mertie Adams.
5. Albert, b. 12 Nov. 1884, died 3 Dec. 1971, married Sarah Holbrook.
6. Coney, b. 27 October 1887, died 3 Nov. 1986 Catlettsburg, Ky. married Rev. William “Bill” Kretschmer.
7. Lou Ann, b. 25 March 1889 died 14 Nov. 1932, married Frank Wells.
8. John, b. 29 June 1892, died 29 June 1892.
9. Benjamin Franklin “Little Frank”, b. 7 July 1893, died 19 June 1976. Columbus, Ohio married Belle Robinson.
Frank and Lou Ann lived on Little Fork near Willard, Ky. in Carter Co. on a large farm inherited from Franks father, Daniel McDavid. They were buried in the Daniel McDavid Cemetery at the intersection of Rt. no. 1496 and 1122. George, Albert, Sarah Holbrook McDavid, Lou Ann McDavid Wells and John are buried in the McDavid cemetery.
Lee and Filmore Kennedy are buried on their farm near Willard, Ky.
Mollie and Henry Sloas are buried in Warren, Ohio.
Harry and Mertie McDavid are buried in Grayson Memorial Gardens.
Coney and Bill Kretschmer are buried East Carter Co. Memory Gardens
Frank and Belle McDavid are also buried in: East Carter Co. Memory Gardens, Grayson, Ky.
After Lou Ann died in 1896 Frank married 1898 Mary Leoda “Oda” Hunter,
born 2 Sept. 1880. She died May 1900. Oda was the daughter
of Rufus Hunter and Delilah Estep Hunter.
Frank and Oda had two children:
1.James F., born 9 Feb. 1899 and died 25 August 1993, Ashland, Ky. James married Marion Miller. Both are buried in the Rosehill Mausoleum, Ashland, Ky.
2. Martha Leoda, born 21 April 1900, and died 25 Dec. 1982 Ashland, Ky. Martha married Dennis Hylton. Both are buried in the Catlettsburg Cemetery.
Frank married again on 29 January 1903 to Martha Cox. Martha
was born 24 January 1871, Elliott Co. Ky. died 21 Feb. 1908, Ky. Martha
was the daughter of Squire Odam Cox and Phoeba Wallace.
Frank and Martha had 2 children.
1. Parola Gertrude “Dollie”, was born 20 Oct. 1903 and died 31 Aug. 1972. Parola married Elwood Stephenson, both are buried in Portsmouth, Ohio
2. Edna Leighton, was born 21 April 1907 and died 7 May 1994 Ashland, Ky. Enda married Denvil K. Nolan, both are buried in the East Carter Co. Memory Gardens, Grayson, Ky.
Submitted by Eleanor McDavid Brewster