Finley J. McGinnis was born 3/22/1883 at Smith Creek, Carter Co., Ky., the s/o William Jasper and Matilda McCleese McGinnis. Finley married 11/24/1909 Bertie Jordan, b. 1890 in Carter Co., the d/o George B. "Buck" and Juda "Judy" L. Jordan. Finley and Bertie built their first home on a section of his father's farm, just past the apple orchard, at Smith Creek. Finley and Bertie later moved their family to Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio.
Finley and Bertie had the following children:
1) Goldie Gladys, b. 10/3/1910 at Smith Creek, d. 6/1/1993 at Friendship, Scioto Co., Ohio. Goldie m. 9/8/1928 Forrest Hossman. Goldie's daughter, Helen Ruth, better known as Betty, still lives at Friendship, Ohio today.
2) William Arthur "Art" b. 3/14/1916 at Smith Creek, m. 6/18/1937 Thelma Louise Winters b.
12/30/1918. Thelma is now deceased and Art lives near his niece, Betty, at Friendship, Ohio.
3) David Eugene b. 5/31/1921 at Smith Creek, d. 1/1/1982 at Sciotoville, Scioto County, Ohio, m. 3/3/1945 Hazel Ruth Osborne.
4) Marilyn Jane b. 10/8/1928 in Portsmouth. Marilyn m. 1st Willie H. Menix, 2nd Edward Samuel Bauer, Sr., and 3rd Donald Reginald Whaley. Marilyn was the keeper of the McGinnis family history, having lovingly labored for nearly 50 years to gather and preserve the gift of her work. She passed the legacy of her research on to future generations when she recently departed this life on June 30, 1998, in Dayton, Ohio. She was a true lady in every sense of the word.
5) Norman b. 4/20/1933 in Portsmouth, m. 4/3/1952 Etta Louise Rayburn. Norman and Louise are also currently living at Friendship, Ohio.
Submitted by Garrett and Sherry Lowe