Lucy Jane Wicker was born 2/9/1878 in Carter Co., Ky., the daughter of William W. Wicker and Emily Forrest. Her paternal grandparents were Martin and Louanna Morris Wicker. Her maternal grandparents were Silas and Elizabeth ? Forrest. Lucy m. 2/23/1893 Henry Burnett b. 2/5/1872 at Boone Furnace, Carter Co., Ky. Not long after her marriage, Lucy's entire family left Carter Co. to obtain work, mainly in the iron furnace industry, in Mancelona, Michigan.
The children of Lucy and
1) Orville b. 9/8/1894 d. 12/20/1950 m. 1st Amy, m. 2nd Alice Simmons ;
2) Everett b. 10/30/1896 d. 1/31/1918;
3) Hubert b. 11/11/1897 d. 6/30/1993 m. 9/4/1926 Audrey Mae Carroll;
4) Mabel b. 10/22/1901 m. 1st Roy S. Carroll, m. 2nd Tom Botts;
5) Edna Bell b. 10/27/1907 d. 7/24/1943 m. Leonard H. Kibbey;
6) William "Willie" Lee b. 8/31/1911 d. 6/1/1977 m. 1/27/1932 Ruby Davis.
On Feb 28, 1915, Lucy died of pneumonia and a weakened heart. Henry buried Lucy on top of a hill near their home in what is now the Burnett Cemetery at Iron Hill, off Tygarts Creek Road.
Submitted by Garrett and Sherry Lowe