Pictured is the laboratory and workshop of Matthew B. Sellers, aviation pioneer, located at his Carter Co. home known as "Blakemore." This view of the laboratory depicts the southern and eastern elevations. The laboratory was set back from the house a short distance. It was supported on one end by fieldstones.
The laboratory was built in 1895, and was of a simply designed rectangular plan, gabled roof, and wood frame construction. Its exterior elements were designed primarily to match those of the residence, except with vertical siding in lieu of horizontal clapboard.
Submitted by Garrett and Sherry Lowe