Recently painted, the James Chapel School House, is a good example of
the simple one-roomed school houses that once prevailed in Carter County.
Located in the Smokey Valley area, near Olive Hill, the James Chapel School
House was constructed in 1890 and was used until 1965, as depicted on
the painted sign from the porch (top photo).
Submitted by Garrett and