Henderson Branch in the 1940's.
Henderson Branch Upper Grade School on left. Lower Grade not shown.
"In the foreground is a covered spring on the hill. The students carried water from that spring for the schools."
Submitted by: Martha Collins
Note the "Boy's outhouse" and the "Girls outhouse" at the school.
This appears to be looking south toward Olive Hill. The old highway can be seen on the far side of the houses.
The new highway (State Route 2) runs parallel to the old one, along the side of the hill above the homes, very near where the photographer stood.