The Delphian Society

    The Paintsville Chapter of the Delphian Society was organized in June 7, 1925. It is a chapter of the National Delphian Society, which has its head office in Chicago, Il and which has organized chapters in most large cities and town across the United States. It is a society for study, culture and personal improvement. It has a six years course, a year of study being given to each of the following: Ancient History and Literature, Drama, Art, Modern Literature, Poetry and Music.

Charter Members

Mrs. E J Evans Pres

Mrs. W. L. Preston VP

Mrs. Z. Wells Sec-Tres

Miss May F. Stafford - Membership Sec

Mrs, G. H. Rice - Advisory Board

Mrs. J. W. Turner                 "

Miss Lucille Rice                  "

 

Regular members

Mrs. Dan Wheeler

Mrs. Harry Davis

Mrs. Bacon R. Moore

Mrs. Frank Conley

Mrs. J. K. Butcher

Mrs. R. C. Quinn

Mrs. W. J. Dempster

Mrs. Lloyd Meade