Descendants of Noah Mollett
generously donated by: Maurene Legg@aol.com
Generation No. 1
1. NOAH1 MOLLETT
Children of NOAH MOLLETT are:
2. i. NATHAN R.2 MOLLETT, b. Virginia; d. November 1860, Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky.
3. ii. ELIAS MOLLETT.
Generation No. 2
2. NATHAN R.2 MOLLETT (NOAH1) was born in Virginia, and died November 1860 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. He married (1) RUTHA A. Abt. 1816 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. She was born in Virginia. He married (2) THOMASINE STAFFORD Abt. 1823 in Floyd Co. KY. She was born 1810.
|More About NATHAN R. MOLLETT:|
Burial: November 1860, Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky
Children of NATHAN MOLLETT and RUTHA A. are:
4. i. DAVID3 MOLLETT, b. 1811, Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky.
5. ii. JAMES MOLLETT, b. 1814, Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky.
6. iii. HIRAM MOLLETT, b. 1816, Floyd County, Kansas.
7. iv. JOHN MOLLETT, b. 1822, Floyd County, Kansas.
v. NANCY JANE MOLLETT, b. 1823, Floyd County, Kansas; m. JOHN RICE, 1840, Floyd Co. KY; b. Abt. 1824, Kentucky.
vi. ABIGAIL MOLLETT, b. 1824; m. SHADRACK WARD, 1851, Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky; b. Abt. 1824, Kentucky.
Children of NATHAN MOLLETT and THOMASINE STAFFORD are:
vii. JOHN3 MOLLETT, b. 1824.
viii. ABIGAIL MOLLETT, b. 1826.
3. ELIAS2 MOLLETT (NOAH1) He married SARAH J..
Children of ELIAS MOLLETT and SARAH J. are:
i. ELIAS3 MOLLETT, b. 1815, Kentucky.
8. ii. SARAH MOLLETT, b. 1832, Virginia.
Generation No. 3
4. DAVID3 MOLLETT (NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1811 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. He married (1) SUSAN DAMRON. He married (2) MARY ADKINS. She was born 1836 in Kentucky. He married (3) BARBARA JEAN FLETCHER 1864 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. She was born December 28, 1836 in West Virginia, and died March 14, 1902 in Johnson County, Kentucky.
|More About BARBARA JEAN FLETCHER:|
Burial: March 17, 1902, Johnson County, Kentucky
Children of DAVID MOLLETT and SUSAN DAMRON are:
i. JOHN4 MOLLETT, b. 1832.
9. ii. MARY (POLLY) MOLLETT, b. 1837.
iii. DAVID MOLLETT, b. 1838; m. MARTHA JANE DAMRON; b. Floyd County, Kansas.
iv. MELVINA MOLLETT, b. 1841.
v. JULIANN MOLLETT, b. 1844.
10. vi. ABIGAIL MOLLETT, b. 1845, Kentucky; d. 1940, Middletown, Kansas.
vii. JANE MOLLETT, b. 1849.
viii. ANDREW JOSHUA MOLLETT, b. 1853; m. VIOLET LOUISE HARP, April 12, 1887, Woodson County, Kansas; b. March 02, 1845, Washington County Arkansas; d. February 25, 1911, Woodson County Kansas.
|More About VIOLET LOUISE HARP:|
Burial: Woodson County Kansas
Child of DAVID MOLLETT and BARBARA FLETCHER is:
ix. LOUISE VIOLA4 MOLLETT, b. March 15, 1865, steamboat, Mississippi River, Indiana; d. May 27, 1937, shawnee Mission, Johnson County Kansas; m. ALBERT BERTEN JUSTICE, September 1883, Wyandott County, Kansas; b. 1865.
5. JAMES3 MOLLETT (NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1814 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. He married MARGARET BLEVENS 1835 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. She was born 1815 in Virginia.
Children of JAMES MOLLETT and MARGARET BLEVENS are:
i. NATHAN R.4 MOLLETT, b. 1836.
ii. LEVI MOLLETT, b. 1838.
iii. MARY J. MOLLETT, b. 1840.
iv. ELIAS B. MOLLETT, b. 1842.
v. SARAH ANN MOLLETT, b. 1844.
vi. EMERETTA MOLLETT, b. 1847.
vii. RILEY MOLLETT, b. 1850; m. NANCY YATES, 1870, Johnson Co Kentucy; b. 1850, Kentucky.
viii. STEPHEN M. MOLLETT, b. February 1855.
6. HIRAM3 MOLLETT (NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1816 in Floyd County, Kansas. He married ELIZABETH COLLINSWORTH November 01, 1835 in Lawrence Co. Kentucky. She was born 1816 in Kentucky.
Children of HIRAM MOLLETT and ELIZABETH COLLINSWORTH are:
11. i. MAHULDA4 MOLLETT, b. August 03, 1832, Greenup County, Kentucky; d.
November 06, 1914, Oconto, Nebraska.
ii. HENRY MOLLETT, b. 1838.
iii. CYNTHIA MOLLETT, b. 1840.
iv. CHAROLTTE MOLLETT, b. 1843.
v. THOMAS MOLLETT, b. 1845.
vi. JESSE MOLLETT, b. 1847.
vii. NATHAN R. MOLLETT, b. 1849.
viii. WILLIAM MOLLETT, b. 1852.
ix. MARY MOLLETT, b. February 25, 1854.
x. ELIZABETH MOLLETT, b. 1855.
xi. INA MOLLETT, b. 1860.
7. JOHN3 MOLLETT (NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1822 in Floyd County, Kansas. He married ZELPHA BLEVINS 1841 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky, daughter of LEVI BLEVINS and MARY.
Child of JOHN MOLLETT and ZELPHA BLEVINS is:
8. SARAH3 MOLLETT (ELIAS2, NOAH1) was born 1832 in Virginia. She married BLENFORD WARD 1851 in Paintsville, Johnson county, Kentucky. He was born 1825 in Johnson County, Kentucky.
Children of SARAH MOLLETT and BLENFORD WARD are:
i. GENERAL L.4 WARD, b. 1852.
ii. SOLOMON WARD, b. 1854.
iii. MALINDA WARD, b. 1856.
iv. ELIAS WARD, b. 1859.
Generation No. 4
9. MARY (POLLY)4 MOLLETT (DAVID3, NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1837. She married SAMUEL DAMRON August 13, 1850 in Johnson Co Kentucy, son of RICHARD DAMRON and PHEBA LOWE. He was born Bet. 1832 - 1835 in Pike Co Kentucy, and died Bet. 1880 - 1900.
|Notes for SAMUEL DAMRON:|
Samuel Damron, Sr., was born 7 May 1793 or 1794 in New Garden, Russell County, VA. In 1805 he moved with other family members up into the Kentucky territory along the Big Sandy river valley, settling about five miles below present day Pikeville. His wife, Sally, was known by the nickname of "Aunt Fat Sally", and they moved away from Pike County in 1819, only to return 9 years later to settle along the Brushy Fork of John's Creek. In 1834 they moved again to the Left Fork of Twelve Pole, at the mouth of McComas Creek, where they remained until his death in 1889.
Samuel Damron had 12 children with wife Sarah Ratcliff between 1816 and 1848, and at the same time had another 15 with a different woman--Sarah Smith--between 1836 and 1862. When his first wife sarah died, he married the mother of his other 15 children, but the marriage ended up in a "nasty" divorce.
|More About SAMUEL DAMRON:|
Occupation: Riverboat Pilot
Children of MARY MOLLETT and SAMUEL DAMRON are:
i. SUSANNAH5 DAMERON, d. November 23, 1959, Johnson Co. Kentucky.
ii. PHOEBE DAMRON, b. 1854.
iii. PHOEBE DAMERON, b. February 09, 1854, Johnson Co. Kentucky; d.Kentucky.
iv. SUSANNAH DAMRON, b. 1858; d. November 1858, Johnson Co, Ky.
v. JOHN JARRELL DAMRON, b. 1862.
vi. JANE F. DAMERON, b. 1865; d. 1880, Kentucky.
vii. GEORGE W. DAMERON, b. 1868.
viii. JOHN JARRELL DAMERON, b. April 01, 1892; m. LOUELLA RICEMAN, 1892.
|Notes for LOUELLA RICEMAN:|
Louella Riceman was a Cherokee Indian in Oklahoma
10. ABIGAIL4 MOLLETT (DAVID3, NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born 1845 in Kentucky, and died 1940 in Middletown, Kansas. She married (2) HENRY REED. She married (3) THOMAS BEALS. She married (4) SAMUEL VAN HOOSE, son of THOMAS VAN HOOSE and ELIZABETH DAMRON. He was born 1850 in Kentucky. She married (5) AARON W. COOPER August 01, 1877 in Woodson County, Kansas. He was born in Scotland, and died 1884 in Wilson county, Kansas. She married (6) WATKINS Bef. 1890.
|More About ABIGAIL MOLLETT:|
Burial: 1940, Middletown, Kansas
|Notes for AARON W. COOPER:|
Residence: Mount Vernon Iowa Enlisted as a Private on September 3 1861 at the age of 23 Enlisted in Company K, 11th Infantry Regiment Iowa on Oct 18 1861 received a disability discharge on 12 November 1861 in Mount Vernon, IA Roster and Record of Iowa Soldiers in the War of Rebellion published in 1910 by English
|More About AARON W. COOPER:|
Burial: Middletown, Kansas
Children of ABIGAIL MOLLETT and AARON COOPER are:
i. HIRAM WESTLEY5 COOPER, b. August 28, 1878, Wilson county, Kansas; d. June 15, 1957, Wilson county, Kansas; m. LAURA ADDIE WHITE; b. August 13, 1875, Woodson County Kansas; d. July 03, 1963, Wilson county, Kansas.
|More About HIRAM WESTLEY COOPER:|
Burial: June, Little Sandy Cemetery Wilson County Kansas
|More About LAURA ADDIE WHITE:|
Burial: July, Little Sandy Cemetery Wilson County Kansas
ii. CHARLES LEE COOPER, b. February 03, 1881, Buffalo Kansas; m. (1) JENICE DAMERON; b. 1888, 1; m. (2) JENICE DAMRON, May 20, 1901, Middletown, Kansas; b. 1885, Kentucky; d. March 17, 1917, Middletown, Kansas.
|Notes for JENICE DAMRON:|
Buffalo Blade March 22, 1917Jennie Damron was born in Lawrence, county, Kentucky August 14 1885 and died at her home near Middle town on March 17, 1917, at the age of 31years, 5 months and 3 days. May 20 1901, she was married to Charles Lee Cooper and to this union was born eight children-four boys and one girl died in infancy. Besides her husband and children, she leaves to morn her loss a father, mother, and many other relatives. The funeral was held at the Middle town Church Sub by Allen Cline
More About JENICE DAMRON:
Burial: March 22, 1917, Middletown, Kansas Marriage Notes for CHARLES COOPER and JENICE DAMRON:
Witness to the marriage Laura Cooper, Richard and Margaret Damron and Abby and Henry Reed The marriage was held at Abby and Henry Reed's home.
iii. MARY BIRTHOU COOPER, b. June 14, 1884; d. July 24, 1979, Wichita, Sedwick County, Kansas; m. (1) JOHN CHARLES TRIMMELL, February 28, 1900, Wilson County, Kansas; b. July 1878, Kansas; d. Bef. 1936, Oklahoma, possibly Durrant; m. (2) OSCAR A. WALKER, 1935; b. 1884; d. 1953, Witchita Park Cemetery, Witchita Kansas.
Notes for MARY BIRTHOU COOPER:
Bertha Mary Cooper,Moved to Beaver County Oklahoma in a covered wagon in 1907.Burial: Wichita Park Cemetery Wichita, Kansas
According to Joe Trimmell, Bertha was married at least twice. On the LDS site it lists her name as Bertha Cooper when she married. Charlie.
Note: Dee Thomison Scribner told me there was another child, a son that was stillborn. Buried at Middletown, Kansas
|Notes for JOHN CHARLES TRIMMELL:|
John Charles Trimmell: Moved to Beaver County, Oklahoma in a covered wagon in 1907 along with his two brothers Judson and Paris Trimmell. His wife Bertha and children also made the move to Oklahoma. They settled along the Beaver River near the Boyd Post Office, which is now a part of Balko School District. By the time they came out to settle most of the good farmland was taken. So they took the land near the Beaver River. Charley proved up on him claim, then sold it to his father. Now it is owned by his nephew, Howard Judson Trimmell.
Source History of Beaver, County, Vol. 1 pg. 540 and 541
In 2001 it is owned by the widow of Howard Trimmell Gene Trimmell told me his Dad attended Uncle Charlie's funeral in Oklahoma, Judson died in 1936 so Charlie's death was about 1935.
Census: 1900 Verdigris Township, Wilson Copunty, Kansas Middle Initial is J just like his grandfather John J.
Marriage Notes for MARY COOPER and JOHN TRIMMELL: Married at Henry and Abigail Reeds Home They were divorced
|Notes for OSCAR A. WALKER:|
He was a mechanic
11. MAHULDA4 MOLLETT (HIRAM3, NATHAN R.2, NOAH1) was born August 03, 1832 in Greenup County, Kentucky, and died November 06, 1914 in Oconto, Nebraska. She married (1) CHRISTOPHER C. MOORE January 17, 1860 in Lawrence Co. Kentucky, son of JOHN MOORE and CATHERINE MCKINSTER. He was born 1838 in Lewis County Kentucky, and died 1874 in Nebraska. She married (2) CHARLES FREEMAN 1880.
|More About CHRISTOPHER C. MOORE:|
Burial: Broken Bow Cemetery-Custer, Nebraska
Children of MAHULDA MOLLETT and CHRISTOPHER MOORE are:
i. COLUMBUS5 MOORE, b. 1861, Lawrence County, Kentucky; d. Bef. 1914.
ii. ELIZABETH MOORE MOORE, b. 1863, Lawrence County, Kentucky; d. October
23, 1892, Atchison County, Missouri; m. DAVIS MEEK, January 16, 1879, Atchison County, Missouri.
iii. HIRAM MOORE, b. January 25, 1866, Lawrence County, Kentucky; d. June 01, 1916, Omaha Douglas County Nebraska; m. JENNIE LUCAS BIXLER, November 03, 1889, Boken Bow, Custer Nebraska.
iv. NANCY ALICE MOORE, b. April 20, 1867, Waterloo, Lawrence County Kentucky; d. July 30, 1914, Broken Bow Cemetery-Custer, Nebraska; m. GEORGE AUSTIN LUTHER, February 03, 1883, Wilbur Saline County Nebraska.