NELSON COUNTY CEMETERIES & LOCATIONS
(Including Bloomfield & Chaplin Area)
- Hwy 150, abt. 5 miles east of Bardstown near Botland
- east of Bardstown on Hwy 62 to 605 N abt. 1 ½ miles on right
BEAM ? (Black)
- located off Hwy 1858 on Thomas Lane
- on Hwy 1066 near intersection with Highview Church Rd., White?s farm (2003)
- adjacent to the Campground Methodist Church on Campground Rd., off Hwy 55, about 7 miles from Bloomfield
- Hwy 55, 2 miles east of Bloomfield
- (Black) - off Hwy 62, Old Bloomfield & Bardstown Rd., near Eli Brown School
BLOOMFIELD BAPTIST CHURCH
- See Photos
- on corner of Hwy 55 & 62 in center of town
BROOKHART - CASSELL
- about 12 miles north of Bardstown on 31E, near High Grove on a farm (once owned by R.W. Houck)
- located ½ mile of Hwy 62 on Milton Brown Rd.
- located on Hwy 605 at Early Times
- on Green Chapel Rd. abt 2 miles from Hwy 62, 2 miles east of Chaplin, on a farm (formerly owned by the Shely family)
- Stones are down in an open field, Hwy 62, 3 miles east of Chaplin
- near Cox?s Creek, believed to be of Hwy 150, on Hobbs Lane, probably destroyed
- Hwy. 150 E. from Bardstown abt. 4.3 miles to Hwy. 605 N, turn left, go abt. 4.4 miles, on right, back of house.
- was in Chaplin, behind the Chaplin Elementary School, there is only one stone left.
- on Tunnell Mill Rd. behind Dawson log cabin
- located on Stevens Rd., 2 miles west of Hwy 55, and 1st brick house on right. Benjamin B. & Lydia Downs are buried here but there is a memorial for them at Maple Grove
- intersection of Hwy 55 & 62 abt. 2 ½ miles S.E. of Bloomfield
- on Hwy 62 abt. 4 miles west of Bloomfield, farm on left side of road.
?-1 mile east of intersection of Hwy 1066 & 458, on farm (once owned by Rollin Chesser
- abt. 8 miles north of Bardstown on 31E on the farm of Harry Hurst (2003), on right side of road
FOX - PORTER
- back of Frank T. Allen farm, 1 ½ mi. west of Bloomfield, Hwy 162 (2003)
- adjacent to the Fairmount Church of Christ, Hwy 62, abt. 5 miles east of Chaplin.
(Black) - on Hwy 48, between Bloomfield & Fairfield just north of the Simpson Creek Bridge
- on Hwy 1066 on Ralph Hawkins farm (2003)
- located near Cox's Creek, of Hwy 150, on Hobbs Lane on the farm of Tommy Sorrell (2003)
- on Weaver Lane off Hwy 48, 2 miles north from Bloomfield on a farm (formerly Marksbury farm)
GORE - GLASSCOCKE
- abt. 9 miles north of Bardstown, on the Murray?s Run Rd. & Old Fairfield Rd. on farm owned by Harold G. Moran (2003)
- at Green Chapel Methodist Church on Green Chapel Rd. about 2 miles from the intersection with Hwy 62. Four miles east of Chaplin.
- on Hwy 62 & 55 abt. 1 ½ miles south of Bloomfield on the Broaddus farm (2003)
- intersection of Hwy 1066 & Highview Church Rd. 1 mile from road on farm
- 6 miles east of Bardstown, on Hwy 62, on a farm (once owned by Henry Greenwell)
- Hwy 458 from Hwy 62 to Hwy 55 on a farm owned by Melvin Mobley, (2003) about 1 mile from highway
- on Campground Rd. abt. ¼ mile from Hwy 55 on the Charles Calvert farm (2003)
– on Hwy 62, 1 ½ miles west of Chaplin
- located on Dugan Lane, John Robert Shields farm (2003)
- about 8 miles north of Bardstown, of Hwy 150, on farm of Mrs. Joe M. Hibbs (2003)
- 5 miles east of Bardstown on Hwy 150, between Bardstown and Springfield
- on farm west of Caney Fork Creek, on Plum Run Rd., ½ mile from road and 1 ½ miles east of Murrays Run Rd. junction
- on Hwy 458 at junction with Hwy 55, 3 miles north of Bloomfield (formerly the Walker farm)
- near Beech Fork, destroyed
- off Hwy 48 at western edge of Bloomfield, abt. 1 mi. out a Lane on Harold Miller farm (2003)
- 1 ½ miles southeast of Botland on Hwy 605, (formerly the Ernest Pile farm)
- on Hwy 48 abt. 1 mile north of Bloomfield, on a farm
- on Cooney Neck Road abt. 2 miles from intersection with Hwy 55, 3 miles south of Bloomfield
- Plum Run Rd. originally 25 graves, no stones remaining
- located near Cox's Creek off Hwy 55, on Hobbs Lane, the site of Cox's Station
- was located on east side of Chaplin. It has been destroyed. There are some names and dates taken from a previous reading
- on Hwy 55, on the N.E. edge of Bloomfield
– 5 miles east of Bardstown on Hwy 605 N, Woodlawn Rd., abt. ½ mile on left
- about 8 ½ miles north of Bardstown, on Hwy 150 on a farm owned by Warren Cheek (2003)
- originally west of Spencer Mattingly Rd., these remains were moved to the Bardstown City Cemetery on March 13, 1997
- See Submitted Photos
– north side of Hwy 62 abt. 3.9 miles N.E of Bardstown Court House, 3944 Bloomfield Rd. (Homestead Bed & Breakfast)
- Hwy 55, northeast edge of Bloomfield next to Maple Grove Cemetery
OLD BLOOMFIELD BLACK CEMETERY
- Abandoned, no stones visible
- farm on Stringtown Rd., 11/2 mile south of the Bluegrass Pkwy.
OLD METHODIST CHURCH
– on Hwy 62, 1-½ miles west of Chaplin
- on Whitesides Rd. about ½ mile from Hwy 48 , north of Fairfield
- Six miles east of Bardstown on Hwy 605 N ? Woodlawn Rd., at end of Poplar Flat Lane.
- adjacent to Chaplin Fork Baptist Church ? Hwy 62, abt. 1 mile east of Chaplin.
- on the Love Ridge Rd., one mile from the Anderson County line.
- on the farm of James Keeling, 3 miles east of the junction of Hwy 62 & 162, on north side of road, ½ mile from road
- Plum Run Rd. across from McKay Cemetery and beyond the creek, much to the left. There are no markers
- on Peavler Ln., of Plum Run Rd. ? only field stones with no inscriptions
- See Submitted Photos
- 3 ½ miles N.W of Fairfield, off Hwy 48 on Whitesides Ln., turn right on Hibbs Ln.,
½ mile on left, on the Beam farm (2003)
- on Hwy 55 & 62, 2 miles S.W. of Bloomfield on a farm (formerly owned by Randall Dawson)
STONE - BROWN
- abt. ½ mile south of Bloomfield on Hwy 55 / 62
- one mile northwest of Fairfield.
- on Hwy 1066, abt. 6 miles east of Bloomfield, on a lane 1 mile from paved Hwy.
THOMAS - DUGAN
- on Hwy 1066 about 5 ½ miles east of Bloomfield
THOMPSON - LYNCH
- Hwy 150 E abt. 6 ½ miles, left on McIntire Lane, abt. 1 mile, back in a field.
- See Submitted Photos
- 1 mile south of Fairfield on the Murray?s Run and Old Fairfield Rd.
- located on Cooney Neck Rd. about ½ mile from Hwy 55
– on Hwy 162 abt. 5 miles S.W. of Bloomfield
WILSON - WOOD
- located about 5 miles east of Bardstown, off Hwy 62 near the railroad tracks at the 19 mile marker
– was at intersection of Hwy 62 & 458 on farm of J.W. Royalty. It has been destroyed. There were 2 broken stones, both read Elizabeth ??
Top of Page