Generously compiled and transcribed by Nancy Bray, thanks Nan!
Generation No. 1
1. NICHOLAS1 MOORE He married NANCY ELDER.
Child of NICHOLAS MOORE and NANCY ELDER is:
2. i. WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., b. 1792, Bourbon County, Ky.; d. July 30, 1833.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR. (NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born 1792 in Bourbon County, Ky., and died July 30, 1833. He married MARGARET "PEGGY" SANFORD BRANN January 30, 1816 in Boone County, Ky.. She was born 1793 in Paris, Bourbon County, Ky., and died September 02, 1894 in Pendleton Co., Ky.,.
Notes for WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE SR.:
William was in the War of 1812. Was Justice of Peace. Parents from Virginia
William had a brother named Benjamin
William died in 1833 of Cholera.
Notes for MARGARET "PEGGY" SANFORD BRANN:
Also have the name as Margaret Ann Sanford Brann
Margaret was sister of Joseph Brann Sr.
After the death of William, Margaret married Robert Makemson.
Margaret lived to be 100 years of age. She is remembered by Lee Makemson as having ridden side saddle on a pacing bay mare from her home to the home of her daughter Margaret Ann (Peggy Jr.) Draper. She is also remembered by the Brombacks as having risen on her 100th birthday and made her own bed. Peggy Sr's son Tom was a distiller in Bourbon County and would bring his mother a quart of 10 year old Kentucky whisky when he came to visit. Margaret Sanford Brann Moore Makemson died at the home of her daughter Margaret Ann Moore Draper in Pendleton Co., Ky. on September 2, 1894.
Children of WILLIAM SR. and MARGARET BRANN are:
3. i. MARGARET ANN3 MOORE, b. May 04, 1817; d. December 10, 1899, Pendleton Co., Ky.,.
4. ii. JAMES ANDREW MOORE, b. 1821.
iii. NANCY ELDER MOORE, b. 1823, Pendleton Co., Ky.,; m. JEREMIAH "JERRY" WELLS; b. Harrison Co., Ky..
iv. JOSEPH "JOCEPHUS" MOORE, m. CATHERINE CALLEN.
5. v. WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE JR., b. 1826, Kentucky; d. 1862, Missouri.
6. vi. THOMAS EDWIN MOORE, b. February 15, 1831, Pendleton Co., Ky.,; d. August 05, 1921, Lexington, Ky..
Generation No. 3
3. MARGARET ANN3 MOORE (WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born May 04, 1817, and died December 10, 1899 in Pendleton Co., Ky.,. She married (1) JAMES W. RATLIFF March 21, 1838 in Pendleton Co., Ky.. She married (2) GRANVILLE DRAPER February 06, 1850 in Pendleton Co., Ky.. He was born 1815, and died 1888.
More About MARGARET ANN MOORE:
Burial: Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Ky.
Children of MARGARET MOORE and JAMES RATLIFF are:
i. SARAH MARGARET4 RATLIFF.
ii. LOUISANA RATLIFF.
Children of MARGARET MOORE and GRANVILLE DRAPER are:
iii. HENRIETTA4 DRAPER, m. WILLIAM PAYNE, December 07, 1849.
iv. MARY FRANCIS DRAPER.
v. MARTHA JANE DRAPER.
vi. ANNIE DRAPER.
4. JAMES ANDREW3 MOORE (WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born 1821. He married ELIZABETH "LIZZIE" MEYERS March 07, 1842, daughter of JOHN I. MEYERS.
Notes for JAMES ANDREW MOORE:
James was Sheriff of Pendleton County. Left and went to California about 1858. Died abt. 1863 in California. 1860 Census of Washington Township, Plumas, California dated July 31, 1860 for a James A. Moore, age 43, clerk, born in Ky., living in the household of a Nobel Cunningham, age 42, merchant, born in Ohio. James A. Moore died, leaving Elizabeth his widow. C. Cunningham was Admin. for James A. Moore in California. John E. Records was attorney for the widow and children, employed to collect from the ______in California. John E. Records was attorney for the widow and children. Records collected a sum of money for them, but died before paying the money to his clients. They filed a claim with Records Adm. for the money, and had O. D. McManam as their attorney for that purpose. Their claim is set out in Voucher No. 44 in settlement by Records administrator.
Notes for ELIZABETH "LIZZIE" MEYERS:
Elizabeth married 2nd to Henry Dance, brother to George Berry Dance who married Josephine Wheatly. Elizabeth's half sister Ellen married J. J. Moore. Elizabeths sister Lucy married to Dr. J. B. A. Risk. Elizabeth Meyers Moore Dance lived adjoining farm with Otera (?) Eckler Middleton-Gordon (?) Elizabeth died there. The farm on which Henry Dance lived, and on which his widow Elizabeth lived, was later owned by John T. Moore and after him, by Wm. B. Bailey-present owner. Info my Alvin Thompson, October 14, 1938.
Children of JAMES MOORE and ELIZABETH MEYERS are:
i. MARGARET4 MOORE, m. (1) OLIVER PERRY; m. (2) JAMES KING PLUMMER, September 06, 1861.
ii. ALICE MOORE, m. JOHN CULLEN BRANN.
7. iii. MARY MOORE.
8. iv. JOHN WILLIAM "WILD BILL" MOORE, b. January 30, 1850, Pea Ridge, Pendleton County, Ky.; d. March 09, 1923.
v. HARRIETT MOORE, m. RICHARD "DICK" SIMPSON.
5. WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE3 JR. (WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born 1826 in Kentucky, and died 1862 in Missouri. He married MARTHA ANN MAKEMSON Aft. April 24, 1847 in Bourbon Co., Ky., daughter of ROBERT MAKEMSON.
Notes for WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE JR.:
Moved to Missouri and joined Confederate Army. Came back to KY to avoid the intense partisanship in his part of Missouri. He stayed in Ky for a while and then returned to Missouri. There, the Union men found him, killed him, and took his body and threw it in his own yard The widow brought the children the children to Ky. to her fathers and lived a while, then returned to Missouri. William settled in Scotland Co., Missouri at Memphis, Missouri.
William and Martha applied for a marriage license on April 24, 1847, but not record of the marriage in Pendleton County index.
The names of the children for William come from the 1860 and 1870 and 1880 census from Scotland Co., Mo.
Children of WILLIAM JR. and MARTHA MAKEMSON are:
i. WILLIAM R.4 MOORE, b. 1848.
ii. JAMES MOORE, b. 1850.
iii. JOHN COLVIN MOORE, b. 1852.
iv. COLUMBUS J. MOORE, b. 1854.
v. CHARLES M. MOORE, b. 1855.
vi. LEWIS CASSMIRE MOORE, b. 1857.
vii. BENJAMIN F. MOORE, b. 1859.
viii. NANNIE C. MOORE, b. 1863; m. JERRY WELLS.
6. THOMAS EDWIN3 MOORE (WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born February 15, 1831 in Pendleton Co., Ky.,, and died August 05, 1921 in Lexington, Ky.. He married SARAH J. SHAWHAN September 29, 1859 in Harrison Co., Ky., daughter of COL. SHAWHAN and Talitha RUSH. She was born July 25, 1839 in Harrison Co., Ky., and died October 26, 1927.
Notes for THOMAS EDWIN MOORE:
Thomas was Captain in athe Confederate Army. Co. D. 4th Ky. Calvary. Thomas was sometimes called Thompson Moore. Thomas was second cousin to James P. Moore, and 1st. cousin to William M. Moore. See sheet for additional information for Thomas.
Information on the family of Thomas and Jane Shawhan come from the records of Bob Frances who has done extensive research on this family and others in Bourbon County, Ky.
Death Certificate #17142
More About THOMAS EDWIN MOORE:
Burial: Lexington Cemetery
Children of THOMAS MOORE and SARAH SHAWHAN are:
9. i. Talitha4 MOORE, b. July 09, 1860, Falmouth, Ky.; d. December 02, 1953, Kansas City, Missouri.
10. ii. STERLING P. MOORE, b. Abt. 1861, Kentucky.
11. iii. JOHN SHAWHAN MOORE, b. March 15, 1866, Bourbon Co., Ky.; d. April 06, 1944, Weslaco, Texas.
iv. SARAH "SALLIE" MOORE, m. JOHN ERNEST CASSITY.
v. MINNIE MOORE.
12. vi. THOMAS E. MOORE JR..
vii. WILLIAM MOORE.
viii. ANNIE S. MOORE.
ix. GEORGE MOORE.
Generation No. 4
7. MARY4 MOORE (JAMES ANDREW3, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) She married (1) WILLIAM WILLIAMS. She married (2) JOHN FOGLE July 07, 1865.
Children of MARY MOORE and WILLIAM WILLIAMS are:
i. LIZZIE5 WILLIAMS, m. BENNIE PORTER.
ii. RICHARD "DICK" WILLIAMS.
8. JOHN WILLIAM "WILD BILL"4 MOORE (JAMES ANDREW3, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born January 30, 1850 in Pea Ridge, Pendleton County, Ky., and died March 09, 1923. He married (1) AGNES LOWE. She was born in Pendleton Co., Ky.,. He married (2) MARY "MOLLIE" RAVENSCRAFT January 30, 1896, daughter of MILTON RAVENSCRAFT and MELISSA JONES. She was born February 14, 1857 in Morgan, Pendleton County, Ky., and died March 25, 1932 in Morgan, Pendleton County, Ky..
Notes for JOHN WILLIAM "WILD BILL" MOORE:
Ky. Death Certificate #9376. William was a member of Gum Lick Baptist Church. Was in the Union Army .
More About JOHN WILLIAM "WILD BILL" MOORE:
Burial: Morgan Cemetery, Pendleton Co., Ky.
Notes for AGNES LOWE:
Agnes died when her son William was 3 months old. Agnes was sister of Jake Lowe of Morgan.
More About AGNES LOWE:
Burial: Memphis, Missouri
Notes for MARY "MOLLIE" RAVENSCRAFT:
Death Certificate #7376
Children of JOHN MOORE and AGNES LOWE are:
i. PEARL5 MOORE, m. (1) WILLIAM DANCE; m. (2) ATLEY WILLS, December 20, 1893.
ii. CARL MOORE, m. ? GOUGE.
iii. FEORA MOORE.
Notes for FEORA MOORE:
Feora Moore died at age 32.
iv. WILLIAM FERRELL MOORE, b. December 06, 1885; m. NORA LONAKER.
Notes for WILLIAM FERRELL MOORE:
Member of Short Creek Church, Pendleton County, Ky. William was a farmer, and janitor of Goforth High School, Pendleton County, Ky.
Notes for NORA LONAKER:
Nora was member of Short Creek Church, Pendleton Co., Ky. Nora was married 2nd. to Luce Blackburn of about Morgan, and last to Ora Elliston of Pendleton Co., Ky.
9. Talitha4 MOORE (THOMAS EDWIN3, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born July 09, 1860 in Falmouth, Ky., and died December 02, 1953 in Kansas City, Missouri. She married HENRY DODRIGE AMENT 1881 in Covington, Kenton Co., Ky., son of GEORGE AMENT and REBECCA WHEAT. He was born July 11, 1858 in Bourbon Co., Ky., and died October 09, 1925 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Notes for Talitha MOORE:
Talitha was 93 years old when she died.
Children of Talitha MOORE and HENRY AMENT are:
i. ALICE LOUISE5 AMENT, b. 1894.
ii. THOMAS MOORE AMENT.
iii. SHELBY AMENT.
10. STERLING P.4 MOORE (THOMAS EDWIN3, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born Abt. 1861 in Kentucky. He married ANN KIMBROUGH Abt. 1887, daughter of MAJOR KIMBROUGH and MINERVA SNELL. She was born Abt. 1862.
Children of STERLING MOORE and ANN KIMBROUGH are:
i. SNELL5 MOORE, b. 1882; d. 1921.
ii. LICA MOORE.
iii. PRICE MOORE.
iv. MINERVA MOORE.
v. T. H. MOORE.
11. JOHN SHAWHAN4 MOORE (THOMAS EDWIN3, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) was born March 15, 1866 in Bourbon Co., Ky., and died April 06, 1944 in Weslaco, Texas. He married ELIZABETH HAWES "LIZZIE" CUNNINGHAM March 15, 1888 in Bourbon Co., Ky., daughter of MARQUIZ CUNNINGHAM and SARAH BEDFORD. She was born March 03, 1866 in Bourbon Co., Ky..
More About JOHN SHAWHAN MOORE:
Burial: Ulrich, Missouri
Children of JOHN MOORE and ELIZABETH CUNNINGHAM are:
i. MARY5 MOORE, b. 1889.
ii. JOHN EDWIN MOORE, b. 1892.
12. THOMAS E. MOORE4 JR. (THOMAS EDWIN3 MOORE, WILLIAM COLUMBUS MOORE2 SR., NICHOLAS1 MOORE) He married ANNIE ADDAMS, daughter of WILLIAM ADDAMS and CORA COOK.
Child of THOMAS JR. and ANNIE ADDAMS is:
i. ANN5 MOORE.