Simpson County Historical Society
From the Bylaws of the Simpson County Historical Society, Inc.
1. To collect and preserve source material, writings, publications, etc., pertaining to the history of Simpson County and the City of Franklin,Kentucky. From this point on Simpson County will be used to also include the City of Franklin.
2. To keep genealogical files on the families of Simpson County.
3. To encourage the publication of articles of historical interest and to publicize historical information.
4. To inverstigate and carry out where feasible the preserving and/or marking of places of interest located in Simpson County.
5. To hold meetings with lectures, papers, discussions, etc. for the benefit of members and their guests.
6. To assist in educating the citizens of Simpson County in regard to genealogy and local history.
7. To manage and maintain the Simpson County Archives and Museum.