MADISON PARISH MAPS
You are visitor since the counter was installed on August 20, 1998.
All information contained within this site is made available to the
public at no charge for viewing only. IMPORTANT
- A portion of the following material (Madison Parish East & West) was
extracted from Madison Parish Tax Rolls 1879 & 1881, by Richard P.
Sevier, and appears on Madison Parish, LAGenWeb with his permission. This
material is copyrighted. The file may not reproduced by any means, including
electronic, without express written consent of the author.
NOTE: Additional maps that show portions of Madison Parish may be found on the Louisiana Historical Map site and the Mississippi Historical Map site.
A current PDF formatted copy of the Madison Parish State Highway Map may be viewed or downloaded by first clicking here, then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on “Accept.” Then scroll down to “Parish Maps” and click on the Madison Parish map.
Click on Pictures to Enlarge
World Madison Map Made Using Mapcite
Interesting Map showing where people live who have accessed the Madison Historical Website from cities outside the United States from mid-2007 to mid-2013 and from United States cities from June 1, 2012 to June 1, 2013
US Madison Map Made Using Mapcite
More-detailed Map showing where people live who have accessed the Madison Historical Website from US cities during the 12 month period June 1, 2012 to June 1 2013
Madison Parish Patentee Map Index These are color-coded maps showing properties bought from the US General Land Office (GLO) by Madison Parish’s earliest landowners. Most of these tracts were purchased during the middle 1800’s. Each township is mapped separately on the original 1820-1830 surveys. Each tract shows the original owner and the date the tract was purchased. The individual maps are hyperlinked to the Index which shows the entire parish. The map to the left is an example of the township maps. It shows the original landowners in Township 15 North - Range 13 East. Click on it (maybe twice) to enlarge it. Twenty-six townships are available from Township 14 North - Range 9 East in the southwestern part of the parish through Township 18 North - Range 14 East in the northeastern part. For more on this and a list of the original landowners click here.
Click here for smaller version.
NOTE: For more details on this see Madison Parish Patentee Map Index above.
NOTE: The 1903 map was made primarily to show the vast holdings (shown in red) of the 70,000 acre Ashly Co. Ltd of Dundee, Scotland. Unfortunately, due to the many land description mistakes and omissions in the 1903 tax rolls, some property locations may be totally unreliable
New Richmond Originally to be named "New Richmond" (since "Old" Richmond was totally destroyed by the yankees during the Civil War), now the southwestern part of Tallulah. Except on this land plat, New Richmond never actually existed. Copied from a Conveyance Record plat in the Madison Parish courthouse
Richmond First Parish Seat of Madison Parish. Burned to the ground by Union troops on June 15, 1863 during the Battle of Richmond in retribution for Federal losses at the June 7, 1863 Battle of Milliken’s Bend. Courtesy of Louis Buckner, Tallulah, LA.
© 2012 Richard P. Sevier (dicksevier@