- About AGHS
- Acadia Calendar
- Ancestor Charts
- Cemetery Listings
- Family Web Sites
- Funeral Records
- Genealogy Library
- Historical Documents
- Maps to Cemeteries
- Marriage Abstracts
- Membership Application
- Newsletter (Sample)
- Obituary Project
- Photo Gallery
- Pointe Noir History
- Publications Price List
- Surnames of Interest
- WWI Draft Registration
MAP OF POINTE NOIRE
Begin at intersection of Richard School Rd and Link Road
- Julian Cormier
- Adam Neg Janis Jr.
- Laurent Doucet and Theophine LeBoeuf family
- Leo Romain
- Dupre Lejeune father of Ernest. He once owned property across the street from this location
- Ernest Lejeune
- Steven Lejeune
- Alphe Bergeron, father of Shirley Ray. Alphe had a Cajun band and played the accordion; Shirley played steel guitar and vocals.
- Laurent Bellard
- Dupre Lejeune home from circa 1867 to 1920s
- Dies family
- Intersection of Link Road formerly parish road 3-16 and Pointe Noire road formerly parish road 3-18
- Paulus Doucet father of Stanley and Andre. His sons married first cousins.
- Bridge over Blaise Lejeune gully
- Grant Link
End at intersectin of Link road and Boone Rd (La Hwy 1105)
Pointe de l'Eglise:
Acadia Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 497
Crowley, LA 70527
Guests and prospective new members are always welcome. See you there.
The new 2015 PRICE LIST of the Acadia Genealogical and Historical Society records is now available. Click on "Publications Price List" in the Site Menu.
We are updating the Obituary Index to include 2014 Obits for Acadia Parish. Click on "Obituary Project" in the Site Menu.
We have added 1,176 land transaction records to the Point Noire historical records section contributed by Winston Boudreaux. Click on "POINTE NOIRE" in the Site Menu.
We have also added 112 BIOGRAPHIES contributed by Gene Thibodeaux. Click on "BIOGRAPHIES" in the Site Menu.