- Membership includes the Society's semi-annual news-magazine "More From the Shore". Queries are free to members (space permitting), $5 for non-members. Articles relating to DelMarVa are accepted. Back issues are available in a booklet. See the books and publications page for current list and prices.
- Research Service: Members of the LDGS Volunteer Committee will answer brief research requests received by mail from members if accompanied by a SASE. Include the identity of the person by name, approximate dates and location. $5 charge for non-members. Questions requiring extensive research should be referred to a professional genealogist.
- Meetings: L.D.G.S. members meet on the fourth Wednesday of every month except January, February, June, July and August. Meetings are at 7:00 p.m. at the LDGS Headquarters at 116-1 North Division Street in Salisbury, across from the old Salisbury Court House.
- Family Bible Records: At the LDGS Library, photocopies of family Bible records will be made free of charge on Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m. for persons willing to permit one copy to be placed in the Family Bible Record File.
- Surname Index and Card File: A surname index file is available at the LDGS Library. A search will be made on request accompanied by a SASE. To enter a surname, submit it on a 3x5 index card (one name per card). Give surname, location and dates, your name and address.
- Family Group Sheets and Family Charts: Members and other interested persons are encouraged to provide copies of family group sheets and family charts to be included in the LDGS file.
Sounds great! How do I join?
I'm glad you asked! Dues are $20 a year per family, with renewals due each January 1st. The cutoff date for membership renewals is February 28th. If you'd prefer, a lifetime membership is available for $300. Send your check or money order, along with your name and address, to:
Lower Delmarva Genealogical Society
Salisbury, MD 21802-3602
If you wish to receive a membership card, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your check.
New members will be sent Surname Cards to list surnames of interest, and they will be published in our next More From the Shore newsletter.
©1997 - 2012 Shari Handley
Thursday, 06-Sep-2012 21:07:42 MDT