- Membership includes the Society's interesting and informative semi-annual news-magazine "More From the Shore". This newsletter is chock-full of Society news, biographical information on Delmarva ancestors, historical information about the area, old news clippings, and more. Queries are published at no cost to our members, and for $5 to non-members (space permitting). We encourage you to submit articles relating to Delmarva genealogy for publication in the newsletter! Back issues, in booklet form, may be purchased from the Society ... Please see the Books and Publications page for the current list and prices.
- Research Service: Members of the LDGS Volunteer Committee will answer brief research requests received by mail if accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope. This is a complimentary service for our members, and is available to non-members for a $5 charge. Please include the identity of the person by name, approximate dates and location with your inquiry. Please keep in mind that questions requiring more extensive research should be referred to a professional genealogist.
- Meetings: LDGS members meet on the fourth Wednesday of every month except January, February, June, July and August. Meetings are at 7:00 p.m. at 1210 Johnson Road, Salisbury, Maryland, unless otherwise announced.
- Surname Index and Card File: A surname index file is kept in the LDGS archives. A search will be made for members on request accompanied by a SASE. To enter a surname, submit it on a 3x5 index card (one name per card). Give surname, location and dates, your name and address.
- Family Group Sheets and Family Charts: Members and other interested persons are encouraged to provide copies of family group sheets and family charts to be included in the LDGS file archive.
Sounds great! How do I join?
We're glad you asked! Dues are $20 a year per family, with renewals due each January 1st. The cutoff date for membership renewals is February 28th (except for new members). If you'd prefer, a lifetime membership is available for $300. Send your check or money order, along with your name and address, as well as a list of the Delmarva surnames you are interested in, to:
Lower Delmarva Genealogical Society
Salisbury, MD 21802-3602
If you wish to receive a membership card, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your check.
©1997 - 2013 Shari Handley
Tuesday, 17-Sep-2013 18:15:34 MDT