Essex, Mass. - Cemetery
| Home | Research Room | Last 28 March 2002
The Old Burying Ground, Essex, Mass.
by Kurt Wilhelm
- Sermon about Grave Robbery. undated [about 1820]. [Transcription]
- Foley, Rosanne Atwood. June 1991. "Report on Old Burying Ground, Essex, Mass. Reposited at Essex Shipbuilding Museum, Essex, MA
- Polleys, Maidee P. no date. "Robbed the Graveyard" 9 page MSS. Probably prepared as a talk at a Essex Historical Society meeting. [Transcription]
- Anon. 1903. Essex Inscriptions. Ancient Burial Place. The Essex Antiquarian, 7(2):49-57
USGenWeb Essex County< Mass. archives transcription
- newspaper clipping, about 1932-33, dated June 30. 2 pages. "Early Settlers Carried Dead on Men's Shoulders" [photocopy]
- Gloucester Daily Times, clipping, 7 Sept 1988, p. A4. "Cemetery restoration backed" [Essex restoration project]
- Gloucester Daily Times, clipping, 13 Sept 1988, p. A7. "Cemetery Restoration" [notice of public meeting]
- Meeting announcement, 13 Sept 1988. Rosanne Atwood featured speaker
- Gloucester Daily Times, clipping, 14 Sept 1988, p. A4. "Burial ground restoration job analysis offered"
- newspaper clipping, about 1932-33, dated June 6. 2 pages. "Old Cemetery in Essex has unusual stones" [photocopy]
Copyright © 2006, 2010 by Kurt A. Wilhelm