LOVE LIVE PRAY THINK DARE
The E.V. White Chapter #1360 of the Maryland Division, UDC was originally organized in Poolesville, Maryland
on July 18, 1911. The Chapter eventually disbanded around 1949, but through the tireless efforts of Linda Sue Kelly Atwell it was reactivated on August 29, 2004,
the 172nd birthday of the Chapter's namesake, Elijah Veirs White.
The United Daughters of the Confederacy is the outgrowth of many local memorial, monument, and Confederate home associations
and auxiliaries to camps of United Confederate Veterans that were organized after the War Between the States. It is the oldest patriotic organization in our
country because of its connection with two statewide organizations that came into existence as early as 1890 -- the Daughters of the Confederacy (DOC) in
Missouri and the Ladies' Auxiliary of the Confederate Soldiers Home in Tennessee. The National Association of the Daughters of the Confederacy was organized
in Nashville, Tennessee on September 10, 1894. The Organization changed its name to the United Daughters of the Confederacy in 1895.
The Ladies of E.V. White and the Maryland UDC work actively, along with the Maryland Sons of Confederate Veterans, to uphold
the objectives of their respective Organizations.
The UDC is strictly a non-profit 501(c)(3), non-racial, non-political, nonsectarian organization.
If you are interested in membership, please review the eligibility/membership requirements.
LOCAL NEWS ARTICLES ABOUT US
PLEASE NOTE: The presence of links to outside Web sites does not imply endorsement, approval, or concurrence by the EV White Chapter or United Daughters of the Confederacy on any level COPYRIGHT © 2004-2008 EV WHITE 1360