Barn on old Route 40, 3 miles east of Grantsville, across the road from The Old Stone House, one of the earliest Inns on the National Pike. Behind the Stone House is Little Meadows, campground for General Braddock's forces, with George Washington, as they made their way to route the French from Fort Duquesne (now Pittsburgh) in 1755. Braddock was defeated near the fort.
Picture by Homer Brenneman, Jr. taken
in July, 1999.
Return to Garrett County Homepage