New Meadows Cemetery is located on Purinton Road and borders the Naval Air Station. This part of Brunswick was farming country known as New Meadows before the Naval Air Station occupied the area. Old records describe it as located on the North side of the road to Great Island, about three miles from Brunswick village. This road is now part of the Naval Air Station.
This is very near Getchell (or Gatchell) Cemetery. Getchell Cemetery was at one time known as New Meadows Cemetery and the New Meadows Cemetery was sometimes known as the NEW New Meadows Cemetery. Some graves on family farms were removed to the New Meadows Cemetery when the base came into being.
This collection of transcriptions is based on those copied by Mrs. Louis Stuart in 1938 and subsequently deposited with the Maine Old Cemetery Association. They seem to be arranged alphabetically by traditional head-of-the-family and list all names in a particular plot. This may be helpful for determining family relationships.