Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Dover-Foxcroft Historical society
Preserving the rich heritage of Dover and Foxcroft, Maine

Photo Gallery - Page 1

<prev     next>


Blethen House

The Blethen House, dated 1925.
Photo courtesy of Holly Tasker


Dover Courthouse

The Dover Courthouse and the Blethen House,
ca. 1907.


Douty Guards

The Douty Guards (Grand Army of the Republic),
ca. 1880 in Union Square -
and that's the Observer Building standing proud!


East Main Street

A postcard view of East Main Street, ca. 1900.


Blethen Brothers Garage

Blethen Brothers' Garage in Dover, ca. 1915.


Mill and Bridge Reflections

Mill and Bridge Reflections, dated 1912.
Photo courtesy of Holly Tasker


Cars along Main Street

Photo of vintage cars parked along Main Street,
photo undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Main Street

Main Street, undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Union Square and Main Street after flooding

Union Square and Main Street after some flooding,
undated.
That's the Observer Building in the center.


Greeley's Landing, Sebec Lake

A postcard of Greeley's Landing, Sebec Lake, undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Union Square

Photo showing Union Square.  The 3 buildings on the right were combined to form Peter's Pharmacy and now is the site of Abel Blood's Tavern.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Main Street in 1935

Main Street ca. 1935.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


The Wainwright Cushing house

Photo of the Wainwright Cushing house on Lincoln Street.  He was the owner of Cushing Dye Factory and Commander of the Maine GAR.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Marching Band in Union Square

Photo of a marching band in Union Square, undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Methodist Church

The Methodist Church, ca. 1940,
showing the original steeple.


Masonic Temple

The Masonic Temple on Main Street, undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


Workers at the Brown Woolen Mill

Photo of the workers at the Brown Woolen Mill, undated.
Photo courtesy of Berta Fitzgerald


The Alton J. McNaughton house

The Alton J. McNaughton house on Spring Street
(note how open it is, the McNaughtons were among the first to build "out there."
McNaughton was a grocer.


Snowplowing on West Main Street in 1899

Snowplowing on West Main Street in 1899.
That's the Dr. William Buck residence in the background.


Memorial Day parade 1924

Memorial Day parade, 1924.


<prev     next>