Search billions of records on


Pierce Pond Stream Camps
Selected Historical Images (click to enlarge)
Photographs Courtesy of Tim Harrison,
Proprietor of Harrison's Pierce Pond Camps

Pierce Pond Stream Camps were built by Ralph Sterling, then owner of the Sterling Hotel at Caratunk, in 1934. They were sold to Bud and Dori Williams in 1975 and then in 1986 to Tim Harrison, who runs them now and kindly shared these photos. For an excellent history of sporting camps in the area see Gary Cobb and Alfred H. Fenton's 1992 book The History of Pierce Pond.

One of the Camps

Camps in Winter

Cabin by the Streamk
One of the Camps

Brochure Cover and Back

BrochurA Winter Path

CoCamps from the Stream

A nice catch

Photo taken for a brochure

Fort Hemenway Campyward

A Fishing Party

Heating Plant at Camp Crowel

Receiving Supplies

Looking out over Kilgore Pond

The landing at Pierce Pond

Two camps
The Society is grateful for the generosity of Tim Harrison, current owner of the Camps,
who has provided photographs for this archive

Back to OCRHS main page

Copyright © Old Canada Road Historical Society, all rights reserved.