Waldo County, Maine
A Record of
Publishments and Marriages in the Town of Prospect, 1789 to 1832
Originally contributed by Joseph Williamson, Esq., of Belfast.
Published in The Maine Historical Magazine, volume IX, January, 1894 - January, 1895.
(From pages 1-39)
These records were
contained in a small quarto volume 71/2 inches long by 6 inches
wide and having 39 and 141 pages.
The existence of the book was unknown or forgotten until a recent search discovered it at the bottom of an old chest.
Prospect was formerly a
part of the plantation of Frankfort. It was incorporated as a
town February 24, 1794, and then
comprised its present territory and the territory of Stockton Springs and what is now Searsport as far west as Half-way
Creek, which then formed the dividing line between Frankfort and Belfast.
As transcribed by Jane Ciosek
Send queries/comments to: Tom Elliott
This page last updated on 09 October 2004