.
 PRESERVING THE HERITAGE OF ARENAC COUNTY, MICHIGAN
home
leadership
museum
events calendar
news
major projects
bookstore
library
join or give
contact us
links
Arenac County Historical Album - Page 1

Click on the photo to view a larger version.

Return to the Index


standish1.jpg
A street scene in Standish - date unknown
augres_airport_const_1936.jpg Construction for the new Au Gres airport in 1936
1907-14_me_church_standish.jpg Standish Methodist Evangelical Church - 1907-1914
1954_Worth_School.jpg Worth School Class Picture in 1954
hickory_island_school_1924.jpg Hickory Island School in 1924
old_arenac_school.jpg Old Arenac School
pt_lookout_pc.jpg Post Card from Point Lookout Hotel (called The Inn) sent July, 1914
pt_lookout_ship_2.jpg Point Lookout between 1902-1905. The big paddlewheel craft on the near side of the dock is the "State of New York" which carried freight from Detroit and passengers from Saginaw and Bay City. On the other side of the pier is the "Flora". Off the end is the "Josie". The first cottage was owned by Luther Holland. The second cottage is still owned by the family of former Mayor Dr. George Stewart (Date of this last statement unknown).

Proceed to Page 2

Up to Top

Arenac County Historical Society; 304 East Michigan Avenue; P. O. Box 272; Au Gres, Michigan  48703-0272;  989-876-6399

Last updated:  01/18/2010.   Content 2005-2010 by the Arenac County Historical Society