.
 PRESERVING THE HERITAGE OF ARENAC COUNTY, MICHIGAN
home
leadership
museum
events calendar
news
major projects
bookstore
library
join or give
contact us
links
Arenac County Historical Album - Page 2

Click on the photo to view a larger version.

Return to Page 1 or to the Index


1920s_badour_barn_1.jpg
Barn on former Abe Badour Farm, Hammel Beach Road between Van horn and Delano Roads. Picture taken in the 1920s. Identified: Ed Van Horn; Bill Farver (owner of steam machine); Walt Rowe (Farver's helper); Ezra Lincoln. Crew: Ben Van Horn; Abe Badour; Rob Smith; Archie Shotwell.
load_grain.jpg Picture of crew loading grain. Date unknown. Written on the back of the picture: Laurene Milne - Southbranch; Ernie Crego - North of Prescott; Art Latter - Near Hale; Billy Grandfellow - Curtisville; John Deford - R#1 Twining.
sparrow_bounty.jpg Adams Township sparrow bounty certificate.
wise_fishery.jpg Fishery started by Ed Wise and handed down to his son Louie. Fishing for perch and herring tapered off in the early 50s and the fishery closed.
moffatt_school_1910.jpg Moffat School around 1910. The second floor was the Town Hall. The first floor was the school that was used for church.
turnerlg1.jpg Logging Scene near Turner around 1910.
sims_tavern.jpg Sims Tavern
riverside_school_1927-28.jpg Riverside School - 1927-1928

Proceed to Page 3

Up to Top

Arenac County Historical Society; 304 East Michigan Avenue; P. O. Box 272; Au Gres, Michigan  48703-0272;  989-876-6399

Last updated:  01/18/2010.   Content 2005-2010 by the Arenac County Historical Society