.
 PRESERVING THE HERITAGE OF ARENAC COUNTY, MICHIGAN
home
leadership
museum
events calendar
news
major projects
bookstore
library
join or give
contact us
links
Arenac County Historical Album - Page 9

Click on the photo to view a larger version.

Return to Page 8 or to the Index


turner_barn.jpg
The only known picture of Thomas Turner’s massive barn. The size of the cupolas and dormers attest to the size of the structure. The barn was located just north of Melita in Section 27 of Clayton Township and said to be 60x160 feet & 60 feet tall (9600 square feet). The barn was built to store hay in 1903 and destroyed in 1911 by a tornado.
melita_store.jpg Vogel’s Branch Store in Melita
sterling_mn_st.jpg A post card picture of Sterling’s Main Street. Date unknown.
au_gres_dealer_ad.jpg Au Gres Durant dealer advertisement for the new Star model car. Ad was between 1922 & 1928 as that is when this vehicle was produced.
pine_rvr_fishing.jpg Perch fishing at Pine River in the 1930’s
arenac_str_1890s.jpg Approximate 1890 photo of Arenac Grocery. Pictured in the doorway is Alex Monroe, father of Ina Bay Monroe, first white child born in Arenac Township.
man_ident.jpg We are trying to identify this gentleman. We believe this is in the Standish Courthouse because of identification of the house out the right window. It has been suggested that this may be Judge Dunn. If anyone can provide any further information, please contact us.
weinberg_store_twining.jpg The Weinberg Store in Twining on August 7, 1922. The man with the mustache is Bill Lincoln and the clerk is Merlin Miller.

Proceed to Page 10

Up to Top

Arenac County Historical Society; 304 East Michigan Avenue; P. O. Box 272; Au Gres, Michigan  48703-0272;  989-876-6399

Last updated:  01/18/2010.   Content 2005-2010 by the Arenac County Historical Society