|This page was last updated on 06/22/10
Arenac County Centennial Farms
The Centennial Farm Program was begun in 1948 by the Michigan Historical
Commission with support from local electrical power suppliers and farm groups. Its
purpose was to recognize farms that have remained in the same family for over 100
The Colombe farm in Standish Township is a Centennial
Farm. It was purchased in 1883. The original buildings on the farm consisted
of a saloon with rooms overhead, blacksmith shop, Hotel and Livery stables. It was a
halfway house and stage coach stop. It is located in Sections 4 and 5 of Standish
Township, due east of the town of Standish. (photo)
Submitted by Burton
The Goodroe farm in NE Section 19 of Deep River
Township is a Centennial Farm. It is located along M-76 at the NW village limit of
Sterling. (photo) Submitted
by Carol Goodroe.
The Hertzberg farm in SW Section 18 of Deep River
Township displays a Centennial Farm marker 1/2 mile NW of Sterling. The property was
acquired prior to 1886 by Gottfried and Marie Felske Hertzberg. Submitted by G Knopp.
Read more about the Michigan Centennial Farm Program
Are you aware of information not listed in this
If so, please contact county coordinator G Knopp.
Up to top
This site (c) 2000-2010.