West California School
Located one mile north of the Indiana State Line at the intersection of Southern and Fremont-Coldwater Roads in the
western part of California Township.
(Top photo: April 19, 1917)
(p. 127 - top photo)
L. to R.: Lyle Phenicie, Eugene Force, Russel Phenicie, George Snyder, John Sommers,
Howard Yates, Wier Adams, Irsel Mountz (teacher), Troas Snyder, Grace Gould,
Lois Snyder. Front row: Irma Wyatt, Louise Phenicie, Myrna Beck, Opal Delaney, Oral Delaney.
(p. 128 - date unknown)
L. to R.: Front: Lois Snyder, Mildred Harbaugh, Harold Michael, Harvey Michael, Howard Yates.
Middle: Grace Gould, Troas Snyder, Aileen Schultz, Mildred Yates.
Back: Myrtle Gould, Effie Gould, Mrs. Earl Preston (teacher), Paul Michael, Harold Withington.
Permission obtained from
The Branch County Historical Society from their book
"History of Branch County, Vol. 2", ©1984, p. 127