Whipple School, 1906-07
Located in Section 14, Noble Twp. It appears that the first school house was built on this site in 1853 or 54; no doubt
it was a wood frame building or possibly log. A wood frame building replaced the previous one in 1885; this building
burned in 1920.
Left to Right: (as faces appear) Bessie (Beery) Keeslar
(teacher), Jerry Wilber, George French, Ruth Wilber,
Vern Penix, Clifford Wilber, Carol Kelso, Glenn Wilber, Arlene French (visitor - in front of G. Wilber),
Kenneth Kelso, Gladys Work, Ada Wilber, Harold Lilly, Hazel Kashnier, Verba Rumsey, Nila French,
Zelta Wilber, Irene Scripture.
Source: Permission obtained from
The Branch County Historical Society from their book
"History of Branch County, Vol. 2", ©1984, p. 129