Zurbrugg School, Dist. #2
This property sits on 1/2 acre of land on Bowers Rd. in Gilead Township. It still stands, badly bruised and worn by weather and age.
Built in 1887, it was closed at the end of the school year 1943-44.
Left to Right: Front Row: Cleon Schaffer, Jarvis
Middle Row: Stanley Nettleman, Frances Harrison, Donald Nettleman, Rolland Norton, Marion Lutz, Ronald Lutz.
Back Row: Versal Burch, Vesta (Omo) Bronson (teacher), Howard Lutz.
Source: Permission obtained from
The Branch County Historical Society from their book
"History of Branch County, Vol. 2", ©1984, p. 130 & 132