BACK TO PHOTOGRAPHS
Girard Mill, home of Ralph Maxson in background.
Built in 1881 by F. B. Wiggins on Hog Creek one-half mile north of Girard, was purchased
in 1910 by George Maxson. His son Ralph Maxson managed the operation until 1936.
In 1939 the Girard Mill was sold to Leo Morrissey, who operated the mill until it burned
on April 29, 1964.
Permission obtained from
The Branch County Historical Society from their book
"History of Branch County, Vol. 2", ©1984, p. 152