BACK TO PHOTOGRAPHS
Honey Lake Store
Mr. & Mrs. A. J. Ashbreck, Bronson merchants purchased 13
acres of land bordering the west side of Honey Lake in September 1906
from Mr. and Mrs. Edward Botzner on which to build a store. The store, several storage buildings and an ice house were completed
in 1907. Mrs. Ashbreck and son, Gary operated the store until Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Van Wormer were hired to take over the business.
After one year Mr. & Mrs. Fred Wilkins and family of East Gilead took over for two years. Mr. and Mrs. Alpheus Miller of Burr Oak
were available to take over the business May 25, 1910. In October 1937 the Miller's purchased the land and buildings from Mrs. Ashbreck.
Permission obtained from
The Branch County Historical Society from their book
"History of Branch County, Vol. 2", ©1984, p. 153