Home
Calhoun Co. Gen. Soc.
History
Resources
Vital & Other Records

 

Lee Township

 
Township Clerk
Mailing address:
20491 19 1/2 Mile Rd.
Marshall, MI 49068-9332
269) 781-2728
Physical address:
20987 V DR N
Olivet, MI 49076
Cemeteries
Click on hyperlink for more information
 

Brief History of Lee Township

The township was set off by the legislature in 1840 and may have been named for Lee, MA. Amos Hadden and Nicholas Stanley were two of the first settlers. The first school building was built on land owned by Hadden in 1839. Miss Elizabeth Farrer was the first teacher. Some early township officials were: John Weaver (supervisor), Jesse Ackley (treasurer), Frederick Garfield (clerk, assessor and justice of the peace), T.S.S. Holmes (justice of the peace), Amos Hadden (justice of the peace and assessor), Charles R. Thomas (justice of the peace), John Clough (constable), E. Aldrich (constable), and Stephen Aldrich (assessor).