Membership and Contact
For questions or information about joining Elizabeth Patch Chapter Colonial Dames XVII Century, send an e-mail to: Chapter President: Patt DeHaan
Eligibility and Service CategoriesMembership Eligibility:
Any woman of good moral character, eighteen years of age or over, is eligible for membership, provided she has been invited by the Society and is the lineal descendant of an ancestor who lived and served prior to 1701 in one of the Original Colonies in the geographical area of the present United States of America. Membership is in the National Society but members join through Chapters. Admission into the Society is by invitation and the endorsement by two members, to whom the applicant is known personally, and approval of lineage papers by the President General, Registrar General and Treasurer General. Documentary proof of an ancestor's service prior to 1701 is required. There are 18 categories of eligible service as detailed in the list below, including both male and female ancestors. No person may enter the Society under known false lineage records.
Documentary proof of an ancestor's service and residence prior to 1701 in one of the folowing is required:
1. Historic Founder of Jamestown or Historic Founder of any of the original colonies
2. Member of the London, Plymouth or Virginia Companies who came to the colonies to live.
3. Colonial Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Deputy Governor, or Colonial Officer.
4. Member of the House of Burgesses.
5. Member or Delegate to the Council of the Assembly.
6. Deputy or Representative to the General Court.
7. All civil and church officials and services.
8. Founder or Trustee of any college or school.
9. Minister of the Gospel or Commissary of the Bishops of London.
10. Member of the Council of Safety of 1689.
11. Signer of the Mayflower Compact.
12. Member of the House of Delegates.
13. All Professions, Trades and Crafts.
14. All Military and Naval services of the colonies.
15. Any who furnished funds or supplies.
16. Member of Provincial Congress.
17. Landowner, Freeman or Planter.
18. Headright, Transportee.
ReminderTime to pay your dues - $40.00 - Mail them to B. Allison
If you have any questions, please e-mail B. Allison
Chapter MeetingsMarch 23, 2013 - Guerrazzi's Restaurant 10:30 AM
Lansing, Michigan (on old US 27 north of Lansing)
View April 20, 2012 Meeting
Michigan State ConferenceMarch 16, 2013 - 10:30 AM
(All are welcome to attend)