Flint Genealogical Society
PO Box 1217, Flint Michigan 48501-1217
Genesee County Death Index
The Flint Genealogical Society has worked with the Genesee County Clerk's
Office to create an index of the RedBook death records from 1867 through 1930.
As a convenience to aid in research, immediately below is an index of all
names in our red book index (Over 49,000 names). The listing for each name includes the volume, page and record number in which it was found. NL in the volume column means we found death information from some other source but name was not listed in the RedBooks
Last modified Tuesday, 05-Jul-2011 13:51:35 MDT
Please send any comments or questions to
If you have found an individual and would like more information you may do one of the following. Lookup and copying charges will apply ($3 per record which is split between the Genesee County Clerk and the Flint Genealogical Society). Checks should be made out to the Flint Genealogical Society, in US Funds.
- To have the Flint Genealogical Society mail you non-certified copies of death records send your
- request Download our Death Record Order Form to your word processor and print it.
- check ($3 per record)
- self addressed, stamped envelope
Genesee County Clerk - Genealogy
Genesee County Court House
900 S. Saginaw St.
Flint, MI 48502
- Visit the Genesee County Court House on Fridays between 9:30am and 4:00pm.
See Court House Information.
- Order a certified copy of the death certificate from
the Genesee County Clerk's web site.