Organized in 1925 with only one station in Bad Axe, the S.T.&H. Oil Co. has developed in 12 years to the largest independent gasoline and oil retail dealer in the thumb with 17 service stations and 13 bulk plants in the counties of Huron, Sanilac and Tuscola.
company was incorporated
Stationed Opened in 1925
first station was opened in October 1925, at
The company operates service stations in Bad
Bulk plants are operated in Bad Axe,
Mr. McGillivray has been associated continuously with the company since it’s organization.
Clare Ross, the president, became associated
with the company
Mr. Krueger joined the company
The three officials are lifelong residents of Bad Axe or vicinity.
The directors include the three officers, John Todd, Joseph N. Rankin, Bad Axe, and Robert Rooney, Port Hope.
1937 Business Record
Total receipts for the company for 1937 were $407,016.52. Dividends totaling $16,371.86 were paid. A $15,000 expansion program was completed. Taxes paid by the company in 1937 totaled $97,739.43 including $1,951.61 for social security.
Last fall, the company received nation wide recognition
through pictures and a story in the Dixie Marketer, trade publication sent to
The S.T.&H Oil Co. each week carries and advertisement in The Tribune to inform the public of the service the company offers and to tell the merits of it’s gasoline, oils, grease and other products.
Accompaning the article and in the body of it are three pictures: Clare Ross, President, Archie McGillivray, Vice President – General Manager and Alfred Krueger, Secretary – Treasures.
Transcribed by Scott Mills,