following Tombstone Photos and been submitted to this site from
James Hoover and Pearl
Chambers Hoover Daughter of Anna Elizabeth Pierce
and Winfield Scott Chambers
submitted by Carolyn West
1) William and Bella (Isabella M Gordon)
McAllister He was the son of James McAllister and Margaret Scott
Point Crescent Cemetery
- Point Crescent
McDonald, Angus - born Glengarry, Ontario 1828-1905, lived in Pinnebog
Port Hope Cemetery -
1) Inscription reads "FATHER" Enoch Ledsworth 1843 - 1918
Enoch was born 16 Oct 1843 in Haldeman, Hamilton Co., Ontario, Canada, s/o Enoch Ledsworth & Caroline ? Died 23 Aug 1918 in Port Hope, Huron Co., MI. Married Martha Ellen Towns 15 Nov 1863 in Durham Co., Ontario, Canada.
Inscription reads "MOTHER" Martha Ellen Ledsworth 1844-1940
Martha was born 19 Feb 1944 in Clarke, Durham Co., Ontario, Canada; d/o Edward Towns and Eliza Ann Hayward. She died 11 Jun 1940 in Port Hope, Huron Co., MI
3) LEDSWORTH, Edward Enoch - Inscription reads "Edward E. Ledsworth 1880 - 1950"
He was the eighth out of eleven children of Enoch and Martha Ledsworth; born 08 Jan 1878 in Lexington, Sanilac Co., Michigan; died 1950 in Port Hope, Huron Co., Michigan. NOTE: His headstone is located at the head of his father, Enoch Ledsworth.
4) LEDSWORTH, Calvin and wife Elizabeth - Inscription reads "LEDSWORTH Calvin 1968 - 1929 Elizabeth 1871 - 1935"
Calvin is third s/o Enoch & Martha Ledsworth. Born 08 May 1868 in Lexington, Sanilac Co., Michigan. Died 18 May 1929 in Port Hope, Huron Co., Michigan. He Married Elizabeth Jane Cuddington in 1894.
5) Calvin LEDSWORTH family plot view in Port Hope Cemetery, Port Hope, Michigan. Includes Mabel I. LEDSWORTH.
6) LEDSWORTH, Mabel Irma - Inscription reads "Mabel Irma Ledsworth 1908 - 1921"
7) LEDSWORTH, M. Blanche - Inscription reads "M. Blanche Neal Ledsworth 1891-1917"
8) LEDSWORTH, J Jay - Inscription reads "J Jay Ledsworth 1915 - 1930"
9) HUNTER, Samuel David - Inscription reads " Samuel David 1846 - 1914"
"GAR star 1861-1865) Veteran of the American Civil War, Samuel David Hunter enlisted in Company D, 10th Michigan Infantry, 12 Feb 1862 for 3 years. Mustered into service on 30 Apr 1862. Deserted near Pulaski, Tennessee on 28 Aug 1863.
Polish in scripted
Tombstone #'s 1, 2, & 3 are shown because they are engraved in Polish. The translation is: Tu Spoczywaja, Tu Spoczywa, Tu Spoczwa = "here lies" (could also mean rests or sleeps), Roku or the letter R = "born", Umarla or the letter U = "died", Marca = "March", and Styczen = "January". Tombstone #4 is shown because it has the oldest engraved birth date in St. Mary's Cemetery.
1) Katarzyny Kolodziejski (Katherine Kaliszewski) - Section 5 1, 2
2) Jozef Zurek (Joseph Zurek) - Section 5
3) Magdalena Swiercz - Section 5
4) Josephine Susalla - Section 5
5) Martin Konkel - born 11/11/1820; died 1/31/1901
6) Justine (Gruba) Konkel, wife of Martin Konkel - born 4/5/1824; died 1/5/1894 -Section 5
7) Francis "Frank" Schefka (grandson of Martin Konkel & Justine (Gruba) Konkel) - born 6/26/1880; died 1/8/1932 inscription reads "there is rest in heaven" - Section 6
8) Rose (Pyrek) Schefka (wife of Francis "Frank" Schefka, daughter of Joseph Pyrek & Mary (Bureiza) Pyrek) born 8/28/1887; died 10/9/1969 - Section 7
9) Joseph Pyrek - inscription reads "prepare to meet me in heaven" - Section 7
10) Mary (Bureiza) Pyrek (wife of Joseph Pyrek) - born 3/27/1860; died 3/27/1958 - Section 7
11) Roman & Irene (Schefka) O'Berski (Irene is the daughter of Francis "Frank" Schefka & Rose (Pyrek) Schefka) - Section 4
12) Casimer & Frances (Pfaff) Schefka (Cass is the son of Francis "Frank" Schefka & Rose (Pyrek) Schefka) - Section 8
St. Mary's Cemetery-Parisville
Luke S. Johnson family
Section 2 Lot 109
Section 1 Lot 176
Section 1 Lot 159
St. Mary's Cemetery of
Parisville submitted by Paul
St. Mary's Cemetery of
Parisville submitted by Roger
4)John PARTAKA Born 29 Aug 1869 in Okala, Swiecie, Posen, Poland (records there say 1864); died 10 Aug 1953 in Parisville. His wife; Caroline (Bureiza) Partaka born 30 May 1875 in Parisville; died 31 Jan 1969 in Paris Twp. MI. Married: 09 Oct 1893 in St. Mary's, Parisville.
Submitted by Scott Mills
1) Mary Elizabeth (McGillivray) Wangler and her husband Philip William Wangler. Mary was born 12 Aug. 1896 in Colfax Twp., Huron Co., Mi. d/o Edwin and Sarah McGillivray.
Holy Family Roman Catholic Cemetery, Campbell Rd., north of Engle Rd., West Branch, Ogemaw Co., Mi.
2) Samuel and Katherine (McGillivray) Durkee
Katherine J./1893-1978 Samuel D./1889-1944
Colfax Cemetery, Bad Axe Section 2 east, Lot 18, Row 7
Harris MacGillivray, 1884-1938 and Ella L. Kreutziger 1884-1972. He
is the s/o Edwin and Sarah (Mitchel) McGillivray, she is the d/o
Bernhard Kreutziger and Phoebe Haeberle. I have
no idea where they died and they were both born in Ontario. They spent
their entire lives in Huron Co.
McGillivray and family. Archibald Alexander and his wife Edith
May (Stenton) McGillivray. Archie was b. 11 March 1887 in Colfax
twp., died 8 Sept. 1950 in Bad Axe. Edith was b. 2 July 1887 in Iowa and
died 17 March 1979 in Royal Oak, MI. Their children:
5) Hiram Caleb Shuart s/o Joseph and Aveline (Robbins) Shuart. Apr. 28, 1872 - Mar. 8, 1955
Riverside Cemetery, Eby Rd., Elkton, MI.
6) Nellie A. Shuart wife of Hiram C. Shuart. March 24, 1874-July 16, 1956 Riverside Cemetery, Eby Rd., Elkton, MI.
7) Cecil Shuart Apr 14, 1904-Apr 28, 1938, s/o Hiram and Nellie Shuart. Married Unita Kinkle 8 Nov. 1924 in Bad Axe.
Henry Gregor s/o Fred Gregor and Catherine Butt. 5 July
1869 - 29 May 1949.
9) Isabelle H. (Shuart) Gregor, wife of George H. Gregor d/0 Haggai M. Shuart and Clarissa Silvia Robbins. 28 Sept. 1885 - 26 April 1968. Grand Lawn Cemetery, Pigeon, MI.
E. Gregor, s/o George and Isabelle Gregor, born 25 Sept. 1902 in
Oliver Twp, MI
11) Beatrice Marguerite (Foster) Gregor, wife of Harold Gregor, d/o Oliver Foster and Martha Unknown. Grand Lawn Cemetery, Pigeon, MI.
St. Peter and Paul's Cemetery, Ruth
Submitted by Pete Doe
August A. 1874-1953 and Margaret J. (Noechel) 1883-1977 Hunsanger
Rock Falls Cemetery, Harbor Beach
William Rogers - July, 1838 Ontario, Canada - March 2, 1920, Ruth, Michigan
Rock Falls Cemetery, Harbor Beach, Huron County, Michigan, Sec. SW, Block 109 - William Rogers served in the Civil War, Michigan 8th Infantry, Company E.
His wife, Mary Nye Rogers - May, 1851 Quebec, Canada - October 22, 1936, Ruth, Michigan. Rock Falls Cemetery, Harbor Beach, Huron County, Michigan, Sec. SW, Block 109.
St. Peter and Paul's Cemetery,
Edwin Stein married Irene Margaret O'Neil. Judy Stein is their daughter. Joseph O'Neil is Irene's father, James and John were Joseph's younger brothers.
Derek Arthur Kessel b. July 28, 1987 d. Oct. 31, 2005
McTaggart Cemetery Submitted by Lee Rogers
Murphy, Howard Jr. Murphy, Howard P. Murphy, Howard P. Murphy, Jennie Moore, I. Harry Moore, Irene M. (Croft) Campbell, Donald N. Campbell, Helene 1891-1970 Campbell, Thomas and Anna Belle Keillor, Laura Keillor, Thomas D. Buchanan, Brian D. Buchanan, Catherine Buchanan, Christena Buchanan, Daniel C. Buchanan, Duncan Buchanan, Grover Buchanan, Jennie L. Buchanan, Malcolm Buchanan, Mary L. (Doerr) Buchanan, Murdock D. Buchanan, Penny Croft, Bessie Croft, Charles Croft, Edith A. Croft, (father) Henry Croft, James Croft, Jennie Croft, Mary J. Croft, (mother) Sarah Robson, Arthur E. Robson, Carrie Robson, John A. 1860-1928 Robson, Muriel M. Robson, Thomas and Anna MacTaggart, Alexander G. MacTaggart, Betsy MacTaggart, Howard MacTaggart, John MacTaggart, Margaret MacTaggart, Nettie MacTaggart, Wiliam J. McTaggart, Donald 1881-1898 McTaggart, Alexander (father) 1837-1918 McTaggart, Keith and Bertha McTaggart, mother Minnie (Croft) 1850-1925 McTaggart, Russell and Mabel McTaggart, William 1891-1921 MacAlpine, Archie MacAlpine, Archie D. MacAlpine, Duncan MacAlpine, Duncan and Ida MacAlpine, Leola M. MacAlpine, Malcolm MacAlpine, Margaret MacAlpine, Margaret M. MacDonald, Peter and Margaret
Verona Cemetery Submitted by Lee Rogers
Keihl, August and Ila Keihl, August F. Keihl, Esther J. Keihl, John Keihl, Lena Keihl, Louise Keihl, Martha L. Keihl, Robert and Jean Keihl, William and Sharon Campbell, Donald R. Campbell, Duncan and Verna McAlpine, James E. MacDonald, Alger S. MacDonald, John and Mary Ellen MacDonald, John A. McDonald, Catherine 1888-1953 McDonald, Emma Jane 1891-1970 McDonald, (father) John 1858-1939 McDonald, (mother) Angeline 1857-1927 McDonald, Ronald and Elizabeth Hebner, Sharon Shaw, Richard D. Shaw, Charles R. Shaw, Dugald J. Shaw, Duncan N. Shaw, Richard (father) Shaw, Malcolm A. Shaw, Anna (mother) Smithers, Glenda Sue Smithers, Glen and Thelma Smithers, Linda Sue Bradley, Marion (Nugent) Philp, Ann Philp, Bertha Philp, Maggie Philp, Nettie, Norman and Mildred Philp, Ralph Philp, Thomas Philp, Vernon Roe, Bessie M. (Philp)
St. Mary's Parisville submitted by Norma Novick
Glazy, Aloizy 1895-1973 & Klama, Martha 1904-1961 Alent, Xavier 1888-1964, Eleanor Laura 1896-1996 Angeline Pyrek 'nee Glaza 1926-1975 Glaza, Anthony 1899-1980 and Pollum, Barbara 1905-1995 Glaza, Frank 1845-1898 and Alent, Julia 1861-1940 Glaza, Ignatz 1887-1969 and Glaza Susie Zmich 'nee Baker Glaza, Norman and Terbrack, Beatrice Glaza, Walter 1878-1978 Glaza, Lucy 1899-1942 Mazure, Frank, the only Civil War Veteran buried in St. Mary's He served in F Company U.S. Infantry from June 29, 1864 to June 29, 1867. Mazure, Rosilia, wife of Frank