Ozark, or Aux Arcs, was first settled by William W. Lindemouth in 1875.
In 1884, Ozark had a Post Office and was listed as a flag stop on the Detroit,
Mackinac and Marquette Railway. A flag stop meant that passengers had to wait
by the tracks and flag down the train. The mail sack suspended from a metal
crane at the station, was snatched by an adjustable steel arm operated from within
the mail car. The last post office was officially closed August 12, 1966.
Information and photos from, "Moran Township - When the Moon is High."