|Newsletters||Timbertown Log||Websites||Workshops/ Seminars||Mailbag|
|Databases||Volunteer||Society News||Society's Past||History|
St. Vincent's Orphanage
(Now known as "Holy Cross Children's Services")
Institution operated by Daughters of Charity. Daughters of Charity accepted the care of St. Vincent's Orphan Home in 1875 from ladies of the parish and Father Francis Van Der Bom. a new building, constructed in 1877, was destroyed by fire but rebuilt and continued to operate for more than fifty years.
Photograph of St. Vincent's Orphans Home. Brick and stone building with hipped roof and rustication on lower level. An exaggerated horseshoe arch marks the entrance, and crosses crown both roof and doorway. Young trees along sidewalk can be see in the foreground.
Return to Main Page