Table of Contents
THE SARATOGA OF THE WEST
THE STORY OF THE MAGNETIC MINERAL SPRINGS AND PARK HOTEL OF SAINT LOUIS, MICHIGAN
Saint Louis, Michgian
(extensively quoted from a booklet by the same name with permission of the author. All rights reserved by David McMacken.)
The bath house had just been completed when this photograph was taken in 1870. A stagecoach at left, several carriages, and new wooden sidewalks are all part of this intriguing picture. In the distance at the left stands Elias Smith's boarding house.
The Park Hotel, named after the lovely park at the left of the photograph.
Lines on the Magnetic Springs of Saint Louis
by J. A. Cassidy
Last Updated July 1, 2008