St Paul Lutheran Church
90 Millville Road
Lapeer, MI 48446
In 1873 there was a small number of German Lutherans that settled in Lapeer County. It was their sincere desire to have a congregation and a place to worship. They appealed to Rev F. Boehling of Waldenburg, Macomb County, to assist them in forming a congregation. The Rev Boehling consented to help get them started. The first time we know of this presence in Lapeer was Sunday, June 8, 1873. This service was held in the home of Henry and Sophia Kruth on North Saginaw Street. During the initial service, 12 worshipers were baptized. Services were held in German (their mother tongue). In August of 1873, a small church about the size and with the appearance of a country school, had been built on a lot located North of Lapeer where Pine Street and N. Saginaw meet.
For more details on the history of St Paul Lutheran Church, St Paul Lutheran Church 125 Years of God's Awe-Mazing Grace 1873-1998, can be requested from the church office at (810) 664-6653.