St. Clair County Family History Group,
P. O. Box 611483
Port Huron, Michigan 48061-1483
purpose of the SCCFHG is for:
1. The encouragement and assistance in the study of family history.
2. To help and share information with each other.
3. To institute research and preserve and perpetuate genealogical and historical records.
4. To promote and publish genealogical materials.
5. To cooperate and exchange information with other genealogical societies.
6. To aid the Michigan Room of the St. Clair County Library with matters of genealogical interest.
Anyone interested in local history or researching their family tree is encouraged to become a member of our group. Membership meetings are held every fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:30 in the Port Huron Museum with the exception of November, which is held on the 3rd Wednesday. There are no meetings in the month of December. Each meeting includes a speaker or special event with the serving of refreshments and snacks. Members will also receive our quarterly newsletter, Blue Water Family Backgrounds, in the months of February, May, August and November. This publication gives members current information about the group, genealogical activities, interesting articles dealing with family research, new publication announcements and an opportunity to submit their queries and family charts to be published within.
The SCCFHG, Inc. annual dues are:
Individual membership is ten dollars ($10.00)
Couple membership is twelve dollars ($12.00)
Family membership is fifteen dollars ($15.00)