Michigan Schools

Oakland County


County
Township/City/Village School Name
District
Section
Address
Notes
OAKLAND . Howarth 0 0 near Lake Orion Last teacher - Iva Armstrong
OAKLAND Bloomfield Township Wing Lake 0 0 . Built in 1859; oldest school in township; currently resource center for historical materials
OAKLAND Independence Township Sashabaw 0 0 . .
OAKLAND Madison Heights Kendall 0 0 11 Mile Rd., one block east of John R. Rd. City's oldest schoolhouse; Detroit Free Press, April 17, 2000. Built in 1914
OAKLAND Oxford Township Town Corners 0 6 . .
OAKLAND Rochester Hills Stoney Creek 0 0 . Closed in 1952; converted to a Living History Classroom.
OAKLAND Springfield Township . 0 6 Springfield Village on U.S. 10, Dixie Highway .
OAKLAND Springfield Township Andersonville 5 0 South of intersection of Andersonville Rd. & Big Lake Rds. Built at Andersonville as early as 1838, structure burned and a frame structed was built on south side of road east of church on land owned by S.E. Anderson. Structure built in 1891 still stands
OAKLAND Springfield Township Austin Corners 3 10 Oak Hill Rd. Built on nw corner of nw 1/4 of Section in 1845. Brick school built in 1878. Later moved over on the Oak Hill rd. Now a residence.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Brondige 5 2 . See Day School.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Covell 0 9 . Second frame schoolhouse built in 1883. Old one was moved to Charles Covell farm.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Davisburg 0 4 . Included village of Davisburg and some out-lying area; frame school built in 1857.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Day 9 2 Intersection of Ratalee Lake Rd. & Nolton Bigelow farm In 1868, district 3 was annexed to district 2 and a frame school was built in se corner of Section 5. Later known as Brondige School.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Hall 19 8 . See Unica School.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Simpson 0 7 . Divided between Davisburg and Andersonville districts in 1893. Frame structure stood on top of the Will Clark hill. District took in parts of Section 15 & 16 and 21 & 22.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Springfield Plains 12 1 . Originally in Section 13. Frame sstructure built in 1835. Later moved across from a small cemetery north of Samuel Miller farm in Section 12.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Unica 19 8 . Included Section 19, 20 and part of 21. Original log structure built about 1843-44. Later a frame building was built and moved to se corner of ne quarter of section. Also known as Hall District.
OAKLAND Springfield Township Willson 8 3 . Northwest corner of section.
OAKLAND Troy Township Poppleton 0 8 60 W. Wattles Rd. 1877-1978; originally on the corner of Crooks & Big Beaver Rds.; moved to the Troy Museum and is part of historic village.
OAKLAND West Bloomfield Township Eagle 0 0 About 11 miles from Pontiac Dr. Douglas Haddock ( Miriam Ponchaud ); Wrote 28 Feb. 1994; He phoned 4/11/94 Will Come. Attended 5 grades- ca 1930-1931


 Return to Michigan School Index