1890 Veterans Schedule
Sign the GuestBook
Elbow Lake is the county seat of Grant County. Elbow Lake is located next to Flekkefjord Lake (formerly Worm Lake). The first commercial building was built in 1884, and the town was platted in 1886. Also in 1886 the Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Sault Sainte Marie Railroad built a depot in the town. On August 30, 1887, Elbow Lake was officially incorporated into a town.
The first Elbow Lake school was built in 1888 west of the present school. In 1902 Elbow Lake opened its first high school, and in 1907 a new building was constructed. Over the years the Elbow Lake school has consolidated with surrounding schools--first with Wendell, to the northwest, and later with Barrett, to the south. Currently Elbow Lake has an elementary school, and its high school students attend West Central Area Secondary School in Barrett, Minnesota, along with students from Wendell, Barrett, Hoffman, and Kensington.
Zip code 56531
Area Code 218
- Lakeview Assembly of God, 620 3rd St. NE, 685-5220
- St Olaf's Catholic Church, Division St. E, 685-4119
- Grace Evangelical Free Church, 685-4679
- United Lutheran Church (ELCA), 10th Ave. SE, 685-4179
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church (ELCA), 11 2nd Ave. SE, 685-4838
- Christ Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod), 685-5213
- First Presbyterian, Division and 3rd Ave. SE, 685-4327
Grant County Historical Society, 685-4864
Civil and Commerce
Elbow Lake Civic and Commerce (or to email: email@example.com), 208 Central Ave. N, 685-5380
This page last updated
Thursday, 31 December 2009 10:38
All rights reserved
Your are our 5163
visitor. Thanks for visiting.