Hubbard County Historical Museum
Collections & Resources
Step back in time into the rich history of early Hubbard County
* Ira Benham Resource Center
Inside the Clerk of Courts office is the Ira Benham Resource Center. You can sit a spell at the
old oak table and research the archive records that are found in this room. In addition to the
collections and archives, photos, and several other resources, the museum has an extensive
library of genealogy, military and Minnesota history available for research in the Ira Benham
* The Heritage Room takes you back into an early parlor of wealthy citizens of Hubbard County.
* The Logging/Farming Room will give you a glimpse what it was like to be a logger or a farmer in
the early 1900's.
* The Trout Lake Schoolroom is complete with thirteen desks for students from grades one
* The Settlers Cabin is a typical one room setting of what a first home looked like for early
* The Toggery contains vintage clothing and hats worn by the early residents of Hubbard County.
* The Military Room will take you back to the Civil War, World War I, World War II, The
Korean War and Vietnam.
* Inside the Communications Room you can see Vintage Typewriters, Telegraph, Telephones and
* The Medical Room has displays by early Doctors, Dentists and Veterinarians.
* The Business and Resort Room highlights businesses in Hubbard County.
* The High School Memory Room is filled with old photos and High School Annuals of years gone
by. The Panther memorabilia will take you back to your high school days.