Welcome To Lac qui Parle County Minnesota
("Lac qui Parle" or "Lake That Speaks")
I am James Berry and I am the new coordinator for this Big Stone County website.
I will be updating the site over the next week or two so please excuse the dust.
If you have information to share, suggestions, or just want to say hello, please email Me.
Lac qui Parle Co. Lookups | Queries | Old Queries | Surnames
Links | LQP Addresses
Neighboring Counties | MNGenWeb | USGenWeb
Full MN County List
Lac qui Parle County
Did you know...
- ...that you can have your Lac qui Parle Co. family surnames and queries listed here?! Please click on the "Queries" link above to do that.
- ...that you can have your Lac qui Parle Co. family history homepage listed here?! Please let us know what you'd like to have listed by sending an email to Mike Borchardt
- ...that the current Lac qui Parle County was created in 1871 from parts of Brown and Redwood Counties but was still considered part of Redwood Co.? Also, from March 1873 to February 1878 it was considered part of Chippewa Co. Be forewarned, however, that there was another LqP County north of the Minnesota River from 1862 until 1868! If you are looking at the 1870 census for LqP County it is this earlier one which is now part of Stevens, Swift, and Chippewa counties.
- ...that, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, Lac qui Parle County had a 1990 Population of 8924, and is located at 45.00095 N, 096.17530 W?
- ...what the LqP Co. map looked like in 1895? Click here to find out!
- ...the history of Freeland Township? Click here to read it!
- ...the names of the Class of 1907 in Cerro Gordo Township? Click here to read it!
Lac qui Parle County Links
- The Borchardt Family - with information on the STEFFEN family.
- The Rien (Family) Room - with information on the RIEN, GLOEGE, and other families.
- The Anderson and Nelson Families - with information on those families maintained by Dianne Rabchak.
Lac qui Parle County Addresses
- Lac qui Parle County Historical Society
P.O. Box 124
Madison, MN 56256
- Lac qui Parle County
600 6th St.
Madison, MN 56256-1233
- In March and April, 1996, a group of genealogists organized the Kentucky Comprehensive Genealogy Database. The idea was to provide a single entry point for all counties in Kentucky, where collected databases would be stored. In addition, the databases would be indexed and cross-linked, so that even if an individual were found in more than one county, they could be located in the index. This lead to the USGenWeb of which Minnesota is a part.
- Volunteers are needed who are willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the web page.
- You are our 149866 visitor since 8 March 1997 -- thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 1998-2015 by Lac Qui Parle County Coordinators for the MNGenWeb Project
This page last modified -- Friday, 05-Jun-2015 00:04:17 MDT