Sibley House in Mendota was built in 1836
by Henry H. Sibley, who became first governor
of the State of Minnesota. From 1910 until
1996, the Sibley House Association owned
and preserved it.
May of 1997, the Minnesota State Society
of the Daughters of the American Revolution
turned the ownership of the Sibley Historic
Site to the state of Minnesota and the mangement
to the Minnesota
Historical Society. The house stand
today in the beauty of it's continued restoration,
a reminder of the generous and elegant hospitality
bestowed upon friend and stranger by General
Sibley, a pioneer and leading citizen of
The Sibley House is supported by the Friends
of the Sibley Historic Site.
from "The Sibley Historic Site"
Published 1995 by Sibley House Association