Home< Genealogy<Obituary Look Up Policy
Obituary Look-Up Policy
Norman County Genealogy Society members volunteer their time to provide obituary look-ups. Obituary collections are available at the following sites in Norman County: Log Museum at Prairie Village and Ada Public Library in Ada, Red River Museum at Shelly and the Heritage Center in Twin Valley. Obituary lookup service is for those who are not from this area and are not able to visit the four sites where the obituary collections are housed.
The following volunteers may be contacted for lookups:
Margit – Eastern Norman County
Roland – Ada area and Civil War Veterans email@example.com
We ask that you to limit the requests for look-ups to the following policy: The Book number and Page number of the obituary must be included with the request.
· Volunteers will provide no more than 5 lookups per request.
· Three requests per person will be honored for a total of 15 lookups.
· Lookups 1-5 are free.
· Each additional 5 lookups are $5 up to a total of 15 lookups per person.
· Volunteers must receive payment before lookups 6-10 and 11-15 will be done.
· Make money orders or personal checks payable to the Norman County Historical & Genealogy Society.
Check here for the
through 2010 and
through 2010 and Obituary Index IIfor years 2011/12