St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, Rosebud Township
in the town of Fosston.
Hansville Cemetery, Section 19, Rosebud Township
Polk County, MN. South of Fosston.
The first Catholic church in the Fosston area was known by the name "Most Pure
Heart of Mary". It was built in 1901 on land donated by Mina Portz who was also the first
person buried in this cemetery. This church was active from 1901 to 1918. The
second location for a church was in the town of Fosston and it was called "Our Lady of
Perpetual Help". This church was used until the present church building was erected in
1971-72 which is called "St. Mary's Catholic Church". The Hansville Cemetery is still used
and a new catholic cemetery is located on the church grounds in Fosston, next to St. Mary's.
Thankyou Ann for this information and picture taken July 2002
Also see another website devoted to St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery with pictures of individual graves by Debbie Swanson- submitted January 2003
Also see offsite webpage regard the 100th Anniversary of St. Mary' Church by Debbie Swanson - submitted January 2003
Back to USGenWeb Polk Co. Main Page
For questions or comments about this
web page or site,
please contact Shirley Dorgan, Polk County MN Coordinator
Updated May 24, 2006
© 2006 by Shirley Dorgan on behalf of USGenWeb