The port of Stettin. Photos by Gary and Louise Thompson 2007.
Stettin train station
Stettin Shipyard photos by Jan and Jerry Savage 2010.
This shipyard is no longer in use. The entrance.
A monument to those who died in the Solidarity movement.
The names of those who died and their age
This sign commemorates dock workers who died in the 1970 Polish protests.
A Solidarity banner on the fence
A partially built hull
Unfinished ship's bridge
Building a new office building on the right, in a working shipyard.
An abandoned factory
Views around Stettin 2010 by Jan and Jerry Savage
The Red City Hall was built in 1875-1879 in the Neo-Gothic style. It
now houses a Maritime institute.
Two crowned lions supporting the coat-of-arms of Stettin.
A medical college
Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle (Jakob in German and
Polish) was originally a wooden church consecrated in 1187. The
Gothic style brick cathedral was built in 14th and 15th centuries.
The tower was created in 2008.
Views around St. Jacob's Catherdral.
An interior view toward the altar
Altar detail with the cross
A side chapel
A wall plaque commemorating one of the Pomeranian Dukes
A window dedicated to St. Mary
The organ has 65 voices
A Gothic triptych depicting the visitation of the three wisemen in the center.