History of First Methodist Evangelical Church of Greenbush, Minnesota
From the Greenbush Tribune published Friday, July 16, 1915:
The Methodist church society has purchased the two corner lots just west of the Tribune office. The hole for the basement was dug this week, the work being done by members of the congregation. It is planned to erect a building 32x32 feet with full basement. The contract for the building will be let as soon as arrangements can be made.
From the Herald-Rustler August 4, 1916:
The new M. E. Church at Greenbush will be dedicated on Sunday, August 13. Bishop Mitchell will be present and conduct the services which will be held at 10:30 a.m. After the services and luncheon are over the bishop will give a lecture. This will be a treat as Bishop Mitchell has a national reputation as a speaker and as many as can avail themselves of the opportunity should not fail to hear him. The Sunday services will be accompanied by a special musical program and the admission is free.
Saturday evening, August 12, Bishop Mitchell will give one of his celebrated lectures in the new church to which an admission of 50 cents will be charged to defray traveling expenses.
From notes by M. R. Sather:
The First Methodist Evangelical Church of Greenbush is listed in the tax assessment book for year 1916 – Village of Greenbush. It was sold in 1930 to Bethania Free Church.
Submitted to Roseau County GenWeb by Eunice Korczak.
©2002 by Minnesota Historical Research Associates.